The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Suitcase Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magibrad
View Profile
New user
Canada
59 Posts

Profile of magibrad
How much do you think something like this would cost?

Click Here!

Would you recommend it?

Thanks for your help!
-Brad
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
In the neighborhood of $275.00 - $350.00 USD depending on the dimensions.

Joe Lefler makes a similar case
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
I've used the Joe Lafler case many times and even taken it through airports. We've never had any problems with them and well worth the price.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1165 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
My Joe Lefler suitcase table has served me well for 10 years. Actually it was ten years this month that I purchased my table.

Check them out from Joe directly at http://www.wearefun.com/

I would have thought after a decade of lugging my table around that the wheels would be ready to pop off. The casters are as tight as the day I got it. I have never had to make any repairs to my case whatsoever. The covering is also convenient as it allows you to hang stuff from the table with velcro.

Michael
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5762 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
No offense, but I would say "too much". I use either a colorful plastic tote, for the kidshows, or a single color duffle. I have it on a restaurant tray stand. Much less expensive, (under $60.00 USD) and you can get to the props more gracefully. Suitcase tables tend to force the performer to duck behind the table, just to get a prop.

I use a small tripod table, using a Viking tripod, as my working surface. When folded, it fits in the propcase. I use a wooden cutting board as the tabletop, with an elastic strap around the top. In the event that it's windy, I need to slip items under the elastic to keep them from blowing away.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I have the MAK table (hat and canes/gold and black). Got it from MagicSmith for around $200.00 a couple of years ago. I think it's terrific. Definitely one of my best magic purchases. Very durable, can tote a heavy laod, super easy to set-up and go. I do a lot of in-home birthday parties and it is very nice for that venue.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I use an aluminium tool case that looks like a large briefcase and a matching chrome tray jack. I got the tool case from Lowe's for about $20.00 and the tray jack from a restaurant supply company for $14.00 So for about $34.00 I have a table that doubles as a case and I can set up in about 10 min. and I am ready to perform.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have to agree with you, Lefler table fans. I have the larger Lefler suitcase table, and it's great! I've had it about 10 years, and not a problem with it, at all. The only change I would make is doors on the lowest compartment. The Viking model of this has doors, but it's WAY too tall, even for me (I'm 6' 3"!) and is even more expensive than the Lefler. Do yourself a favor, if you're doing any real performing and spend a little money on a Lefler. Very professional!

Steve Thomas

Or wait a little while, spend a little money and get the coolest looking suitcase table I've ever seen... from Wolf's Magic. I've only seen the "pre-production" drawings, but if they're anything like that.. WOW... I'm impressed!

Steve Thomas
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Brad:

Hocus-Pocus sells the MAK table you're asking about...it's $200.00. The photos look very nice, but it's pretty small - but that's what you might want.

Like the others, I recommend the Joe Lefler table. He has a small version of the suitcase table that's more expensive than the MAK one you're looking at, but it's very nice and well worth the money.

Ron Reid
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
PLEASE don't buy a MAK...nothing personal against those people, but the table's pop riveted together, the material's thin, the artwork (?) is outdated and chips easily. I once had one..the little "clips" that hold the top up never worked, the table would collapse spontaneously (and at the MOST inopportune moments...Just buy the smaller Lefler table, it'll last you forever.

Steve Thomas
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5762 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I don't care for MAK stuff, either -- the quality just isn't there. Some magic dealers don't like dealing with them, because of attitude problems.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Perhaps the MAK suitcase table has been redesigned in the past few years. Mine doesn't have clips, per se. It has never collapsed spontaneously in over a hundred shows. It has a speckled design which nicely camouflages any nicks. I've loaded it to the gills with out any problem in sturdiness. Never had a problem with the wheels either. The only problem I've ever had is that a hinge pin worked it's way loose.

Though the Lefler table may in fact be better. I don't think someone would be disappointed by the recent MAK tables.
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Quote:
On 2003-02-15 06:42, Stevethomas wrote:
Or wait a little while, spend a little money and get the coolest looking suitcase table I've ever seen... from Wolf's Magic. I've only seen the "pre-production" drawings, but if they're anything like that.. WOW... I'm impressed!

Steve Thomas

I agree with Steve, This table is something special. I asked a lot of question of Chance Wolf, he is a gentleman and his stuff is awesome to look at and engineered by a guy who knows.

Check out his stuff at
http://www.wolfmagic.com

Let's hope that the other dealers learn a bit from Chance.

Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
Richard Landry
View Profile
New user
Chatham, Illinois
18 Posts

Profile of Richard Landry
I also recommend the Lefler table. It is very well made and I attach my sign to the front of it with velcro strips on the sign which stick to the material that is on the table.
Richard, Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Abbott's Magic Mfg. sells both the Jack Hughes "Suitcase table", mine has lasted for well over 27 years of continued use. Very well made and you walk in, throw a switch, the legs pop out of the bottom, lift two latches and the top opens up and secures so that your table is ready for you with props already for you to start. This is great for children's gigs especially when you need to get in and get out quickly.

I also have an Abbotts "Night Club Table", which breaks down and has all the props still packed in BUT it takes a few minutes to set up. The advantage is that it allows the performer to "dip into the table" as opposed to having to bend down to reach the shelves, and the table works well in Trade Show and hospitality room settings as well. Again, very practical and well worth investigating.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Supplying Unqiue Mentalism World-wide
(search google for AB StageCraft for the link)
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
115 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
I am going to second the notion you should purchase a Lefler table. I seem to have a way of putting a beating on equipment. But, I have had mine for about 8-9 years and it is still in top condition. I mean these things are nearly indestructable! Buy the Lefler table, you won't be sorry.
Ronald R. Romiski
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I have two small Lefler tables and I love them, for they are covered with speaker material (oelium). They are not overly heavy to carry. Since the speaker material is velcro-compatible, I attach seasonal, flat decorations to it. (Snowflakes in the winter, pumpkins and witches for Halloween, etc.) Another advantage is that the table can be locked. However, if you've ever performed outdoors on a windy stage, the tables will move as if by magic. (I always carry furniture rubber protectors with me, although a locking wheel would be a good advantage.) I have also lined my tables with light-colored felt so that I can see the props better on a dimly lit stage. I previously had a mak table and I covered it with the speaker material so I don't look like 10 000 other magicians wheeling that grotesque cane and top hat around.
Darryl the Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I have the table mentioned in the first post and I love it.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I perform at a baseball stadium in the summer, and I think a suitcase table would be just perfect. I could just roll it around the concorse doing magic and if I want to do some tableless strolling, I could lock it all up and not fear losing everything.

I think the Lefler table is the right choice, but which one? The big one or the small one?

I'm opting for the small one just because it's lighter in weight and easier to fit in the car. I could always fashion a top for it to make a bigger performing surface, and I don't plan on carrying the entire world in there. Probably extra decks, cups and balls, rope (if I ever get off my butt and learn a good rope trick).

Eventually I would like to get one of those X tables, and I think I have my eye on Andrew Pinard's model, but the suitcase table just seems perfect for this.

Any opinions on which size to get?

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Mr. Phil and Steve,
Thanks for the words of praise. Mucho Appreciatdeo!
GOOD NEWS!! While Shelley is on vacation, visiting her folks, I will be building and finalizing the "Wacky Wolf Ultra Deluxe Performance Station" !!
This is NOT just a Suitcase Table as much as a Scene Setter and complete performance Staion.
I must forewarn everyone it will be expensive. It will be worth every dime for those who want to make a serious impression on their clients.
I will be posting pics and advertising in the Café when all is ready to go. I have taken suggestions from many Café members ( on another thread ) and will include as many suggestions as possible.
The newest feature will be 3" LOCKING Casters which will easily tote over any bumps and chunks. This will be a Heavy Duty unit but lighter than most.
I cannot go into all the features however each table will have CUSTOM Grahics per Customer. NO TWO TABLES WILL BE ALIKE ( except structurally )
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Suitcase Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL