The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Livestock (dove) production apparatus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I would like to make some things for producing doves. I have some wood around but not much else, and tis the season to be extremely broke. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a square circle, or dove sized tip over box of some type.

Any ideas would be appreciated... or if anyone has some items around you may part with cheap pm me. This is for a charity show I need some extra things for.

THANKS

Steven
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Check out Jim Gerrish's new book "The Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic Show" on my site. You don't need to buy anything, but the descriptions might give you some ideas, and reading the descriptions of the effects is always free!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has a livestock production box that can be made from a shoebox.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Michael, do you know what page or section? I can't find anything like that...

Maybe I am just blind.

Steven
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
OOPS yes I found it thanks Michael. Great book, time after time really the best book, especially on budgets like mine Smile

THANKS Michael.

Steven
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Ooh... maybe make a really big Thumb Tip!

All joking aside, I'd make a Reversed Tear- Apart Vanish (Assemble the box then produce a dove), A Mini- Duck Bucket; or even, a Mini- Change Bag works...

-Bryan
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Bryan,

Yeah I didn't think of a change bag, that would work in a pinch and I have one around somewhere (dig dig dig)

Steven
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
How about a gift box wrapped up with inexpensive tissue or wrapping paper from the Dollar Store. You tear open the paper and open the box but there is nothing inside but a feather, which floats to the ground. That should give you plenty of cover to produce the dove from the wad of giftwrapping paper in your hand. You can even make the holder out of giftwrapping paper so it is completely invisible.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I'm looking for things to load the doves and produce again after the initial productions from body loads, but that's a good idea for future reference thanks...

Steven
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I wasn't thinking of hiding the holder on your person, but inside the box (like "Milady's Hat Box" in Tarbell - Volume 3). Anyway good luck on your quest.
Professor Spellbinder

David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Whats up Steven,

If you check out Marian Chavez's Encyclopedia of Dove Magic book, you'll see some great ideas on loads that are "off the body" and also easy to build!

hope this helps!
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Livestock (dove) production apparatus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL