The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Learning Comedy for Kids Shows: Requirement! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Over the last year there has been several personal emails and posted questions regarding comedy and kid show magic, along with routines and great questions.

I get Genie, M.U.M., and Magic magazines and there is an article or two in them related to Kids shows by Silly Billy and Steve Taylor, however, the Funny Paper Magazine is the best for learning a lot about entertaining for the whole family, especially for kids.

For instance, in this January/February 2003 Funny Paper Magazine, I have personally met and talked to the following article writers'/gurus' of Kid's Show Magic: Duane Laflin, Dave Risley, Mark Wade, David Ginn, Ken Scott (Cafe Member), and Barry Mitchell. This is a short list of the many published articles all which deal with entertaining kids and family, marketing tips, balloon tips, clown tips, music, restaurant gigs, and so much more. For $25 a year for 6 issues (Approx. $4.00 per issue.) You get a wealth of great information as well as routines for kids.

If you are planning to be serious about doing shows for kids then you must act like a pro and get the only magazine designed to entertain them. Remember, magic is only a part of an act when it comes to entertaining kids, the comedy and clowning really makes the show. All the pros know this. (Not only do they subscribe to this magazine, they write articles for it.)

By the way, this is not an advertisement for them, it is a sincere post to make professionals out of magicians who want to entertain kids. Check it out, I think they'll send you a free sample magazine, which, will convince you of the value of this publication.
Dennis Michael
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
wow looks like a great magazine I am going to look into it.. How long has it been around?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Thanks Dennis...I recently saw some back issues of this but didn't think to look too closely. Now I will.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
the web site had a few back issues
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Flourish Dude,

I just saw that too...guess I can give a closer look right now!
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Im probably going to be subscribing-Thanks Dennis
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
posted in funny papper, you should also see an ad for a sammy patrick smith lecture which will be travelling around. it is likely on the web page.

cheers,

j.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Sammy Smith's Lecture is also posted in the So Happy Together (Convention) area.
Dennis Michael
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Does anybody know what happened to Funny Paper Magazine? The link provided above is now dead. Are they not producing the mag anymore?

thanks,

Steven
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
A couple of years ago, Samuel Patrick Smith took over the publishing of the Funny Paper. You can subscribe to it through his website. Look under the category of "books."

http://www.spsmagic.com/

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Learning Comedy for Kids Shows: Requirement! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL