The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Ancient Las Vegas Pulse Reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2038 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I figured I would post something in this category because it has been a while since any new posts have showed up:

Has anyone else seen Max Maven lecture and perform Ancient Las Vegas Pulse Reading? It's a really comical story leading up to what seems to be an impossible feat of "pulse reading." The routine is in four phases, each building more impossible than the previous, and finishes with a totally unexpected and astonishing revelation. I suppose I'm just curious if anyone else has seen the routine and what they think of it. I have since used it numerous times in my stand-up act and it plays huge each and every time.
usg353d
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of usg353d
I haven't. But I'm curious to know more about it. I hope someone here does.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Brian, I have seen Max's routine and lecture for this great trick. I too have used this in my standup act. It does play big and the wow factor is very high. I especially love the build-up and killer conclusion to this entertaining routine. Glad to hear it's being put to use out there. I know audiences enjoy it. For those not familiar with this routine, it can be found in Max's Chicago winter lecture notes from a couple of years ago.

Snidini
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2038 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
So someone else does use it! That is great to hear. Unfortunately, this is an effect that can ONLY be done if you are the complete center of attention for a show. This means that if you are at an event where you are merely one form of entertainment among many, it won't fly. The buildup is a little slow and the presentation is the key factor. There's nothing flashy but it is phenominal. When I saw Max do it he actually had me convinced and believing in true pulse-reading. To find out how truly simple it is made me kind of upset, but I got over it and gave it a shot. Glad to hear that there are others who appreciate this routine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Ancient Las Vegas Pulse Reading (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL