The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Freakshow video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2414 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Now HERE'S a thing...

"Step right up and see the show! Stephen Dee's cross-media Freakshow? explores the nature of difference and exclusion, through the extreme world of 1920s American sideshows. Now discredited, the freakshow has mutated into sideshow television, among other things. Through sculpture, banners, old photographs, music and film, Dee enters the bizarre, warm, supportive family of the sideshow, and tells the remarkable stories of the great star attractions of the midway. Shocking and gaudy, in-your-face and provocative, Freakshow? seeks parallels for today's multi-cultural society. It was one of the big successes of the Festival, with more than 3,000 visitors during its 10-day run and a lot of favourable coverage on Irish radio, television and in the national press. In 2003 Freakshow? also had a successful run in the Dublin Theatre Festival Fringe. Now there are plans to tour the show."

I hear so many neat things from people - I've been getting all sorts of happy (and a little unhappy) responses since I put together an email list last night for my CDs/DVDs (I need to get a clue: send out a mass email at 2amEastern and you get a mess of orders from Europe - guess it means I'll only have to go to the Post Office once) - Anyway, this link came from the artist whose site this is:

http://www.stephendee.com/freakshow.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Freakshow video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL