The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lethal scotch ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Hello, there !
I'm mainly a mentalist guy, but I do need a good coin effect, in which coins change while the spectator is holding them... I did some research and "scotch and soda" and "lethal tender" always show up...
Which one of the two is the strongest ?
Thanks a lot in advance !
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of caubeck
In my humble opinion, go with Scotch and Soda because it's more versatile.

Also because I found Lethal Tender to be lacking...though now I've said that someone's bound to come up with reasons why Lethal Tender is really good.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
OK. One response...
Thanks, Caubeck... (what do you mean by "lacking" ? In impact or because it doesn't work well all the time ?)
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of caubeck
I wrote about Lethal Tender once, here http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic3147.php

I probably wouldn't be so harsh today, but I still think it's not a great trick and that Scotch and Soda is excellent. Gibson's Coin Unique has been in my pocket ever since I received it.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
I'll check that out. Thanks again !
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5415 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I'm probably a bigger fan of Lethal Tender than Caubeck is, but I still agree with Scotch and Soda, if these are the only two you are deciding between.
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
They are both great effects, but I am partial to Scotch and Soda. You can't go wrong with that.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
I found a new interest in Lethal Tender after purchasing a PK Ring!
daway0612
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
71 Posts

Profile of daway0612
Traveler,
I own both Scotch n Soda and Lethal Tender.
but I only perform the basic routines came with the manual.
I found that LT usually gets better reaction than SNS.
because the change happens in such a sudden.
and the Chinese coin also eliminates some possible solutions that audiens might come up with.
maybe I missed some hidden gems of SNS.
but for now I personally reccomend LT better.

daway
daway0612
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
71 Posts

Profile of daway0612
MichaelKent
If you combine Blackwdow with lethal tender,
the effect will be even more miraculous.

daway
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Hmmm... different opinions... which make it interesting, but harder to decide, of course... Thanks for your opinions, guys...
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of caubeck
S/S is cheap, buy one first and see if you like it. You will buy one eventually anyway, mark my words.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
If you do decide on Scoth 'n' Soda, I recommend the Johnson version with the Kennedy Half and 20 Centavo, avoid the Sterling set with the Gold Dollar coin, the insert is assembled with glue, and tends to come apart.

Take a look at "Liberty Head Half and U.S. Penny" on p. 260 of Bobo, it's really a Scotch 'n' Soda routine, just an old version of the coins.
Also see Gerald Bruning's "The Flash Silver and Copper", also in Bobo, p. 471. This is also really a Scotch 'n'Soda routine, just made with an English Penny instead of the 20 centavo.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Thanks a lot... I'll check bobo... and I'll have to work with euros anyway... I'm from the olde world...
waianaeboy702
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of waianaeboy702
Scotch and Soda is an awesome versitile trick but lethal tender if accomplished succesful has an equally powerful effect as well.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Theres a pamphlet out, 50 tricks with Scotch & Soda. Also, if you do a search you'll find some of the Café Members have some wonderful ideas with the S&S gaff. Hands down, the S&S is more versitile.

However, Lethal Tender is so visual and quick. Eventually you'll want to have both... my version of Lethal tendar uses a silk chinese coin purse... I sewed the shim card into the lining. The purse follows the chinese theme and is the perfect disguise for the gaff.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lethal scotch ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL