The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I don't Know How to Use it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
This is for anyone who know about DVD camcorders or even own the one that I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DCR-DVD7-Hand......007LZGDI

I made a disc about 30 minutes long of my vacation, from Iceland to Jersey, but now I'm stuck. I have no idea how to format or edit anything. I need to transfer this to a DVD and also I need to make a second copy with the second half of the disk for a buddy of mine. I really don't understand the whole finalizing and transfering to a DVD, can some help me?

I would love to learn how to use this thing and the Directions mean nothing to me. Any help?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Awe No one?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Not familiar with this camera.
You should be able to finalize the disc in the camera. Once finalized it should be good to go.
Get yourself a dvd recorder/player to make a copy of the disc.
Only use DVD-R discs (some recorders don't like DVD-RW).
Don't put a DVD+R in the camera but I am sure you did not do this as the camera should have come with at least one disc to get you started.
Some home dvd players don't like disc's burned on your computer so it is best to spend about $150.00 and get a DVD Recorder.
Without looking at the user manual it will be most difficult to help you much.
Finalizing a disc makes it playable in other players otherwise it will only play in your camera.
Good Luck, wish I could be of more help.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK I think I can do that, Now does DVD recorders take thosesmall discs? And after I finalize the DVD there is no way to edit it right? I wanted to cut some thing out of the orginal that was just us not my buddies. Also once its finalize I cant upload it to my computer and make small clips to say put on you tube or Magic Video Depot? Thanks for the help man. I was also thinking about selling it but was not sure what to get if I did.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Most DVD player's as well as computer's take the small disc's as long as it is tray loaded AND not loaded into the machine on it's side. Look to see if there is a small circular recess in the middle of the tray, that will give you a clue. Also, your disc must be just a disc, not enclosed in any kind of jacket or at least be removable from any housing it may be contained in.

You must Finalize the disc in order to play it in a DVD player but you can edit the Finalized DVD using editing software on your computer then burn another DVD.
Most DVD recorders allow simple editing on the fly but to do the best job and to have the most tools you really need to get a video editing program for your computer.
You really don't upload to your computer, you just pop the disc into your computer and access it through your editing program. Also you must have a DVD burner in your computer. Most computers today come standard with a DVD burner unless you purchase a really low cost budget system.
Good Luck with your quest.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
Ah dvd camcorders, DVD Camcorders arn't meant for editing. Now yes you can upload to a editing software but it's tricky. DVD camcorders record to mpeg2 which is bad video quality while as Mini DV is almost hd. If you plan to edit in the future sell the dvd camcorder and get a good mini dv camcorder. My mentor is a pro videographer for the GreenBay Packers and while his team uses Mini DV they cringe having to think about dvd camcorders.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I don't Know How to Use it. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL