The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What effects do kids like best? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, but I am certainly interested in what others have to say.

I think we sometimes go to far when we say it is the entertainer, not the trick. If that was the case, why wouldn't we all do the least expensive tricks possible? I think presentation is very important, but props/tricks count too. Some tricks are more visible. Some are more natural looking. Some are easy to do, some are difficult. Some are more interactive than others. Some are just junk. Some are a pain to set up, some are heavy or bulky. Some are over-used.

The dove Pan, my PB&J routine, Axtell’s board, streamer and TT, my spring snake/drum load all are big hits, and pack pretty small. Actually, if I don't get a great reaction with a routine, after fiddling with it, it is gone.

--- I just got Fiber Optics DVD - and love it. I also think creative magic's square circle has great possibilities. Packs small, plays big - is big. A bit pricey. I wish I could afford it right now.
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
When I ask the kids their favorite part, they usually mention the non-magical stuff like "petting the birds", "the balloon shooting up in the air", the colors coming out of your mouth", "the puppet", "fire coming out of the phone".

The adults favorite part is usually watching the kids having fun.

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Everything. I always do a bit where I ask what was their favourite, but ask them to all say it at the same time at the count of three. I get a huge variety of jumbled responses and laughter and say to the parent "Well, I think that covers all of it!".
gfdiamond
View Profile
Regular user
sweden
198 Posts

Profile of gfdiamond
Bigger wands
mouth coils
breakaway wand
my gaint rabbit - guy in a rabbit suit that the kids can see but I cant
inflatable hammer which kid hits me with if I fall asleep on stage
giant colouring book
my old nuts - snake can, which I'm not allowed to eat because nuts are very old
balloon hit to my backside when I give kid balloon to hold and walk away
upside down sunglasses
when the kids follow me doing a silly dance

etc.

regards,

geoff diamond
Check me out on Google. Geoff Diamond Magician.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I love getting letters and pictures drawn by the kids.
Things included are:

Nigel
Funny Noises
Reaction of ____.(different kid in different shows of course)
Adults..making us feel like kids again...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
After my show, I hear the most comments about the appearing straw(wizarding duel routine), and Peanut, Butter & Jelly Sponge balls.

I don't think that there is anything inherent in the tricks. But those are my most fleshed out routines.
The kids love to have fun, and they love magic. Bring them together in an entertaining routine and you have a winner.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Anand Rao
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Anand Rao
The kids like my 3-fly coin trick best.

I use chocolate coins and give the birthday child one of the coins.
I have a story with it. I think the story is most important otherwise the kids get bored. So I entertain with the story of one boy giving coins to a boy who had no money. Then I give the chocolate coin to the kid and the parents always appreciate the message of sharing. But the kids love it because they all want to get a chocolate coin!

Sponge balls is also a very good trick for kids because the magic happens in one of the kids hands - it's empowering. And I think you can do good sleight of hand in a kids show. The kids do appreciate it. It's better than just being silly all the time. The quiet times in my show are the best.
Fred-Ric
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
4 Posts

Profile of Fred-Ric
After the show when children start talking to me, they normally ask me how I did the snowstorm. Maybe it is the story I tell or the fact that I use it as closer of my show. I know I have to clean up after the show, but 9 out of 10 someone will do it for me, as I'm asking permision before I do the show.

Also the C&R rope is a favourite.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I open with the comedey chair, and after a kindergarten show, the teacher asked each child to say what he/she liked the most, and 8 of them talked about the chair....even though it was the opener! That thing really leaves an impression!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
They like the Invisble Deck and Stratosphere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What effects do kids like best? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL