The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Art lovers, Ever Hear Of This? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Years ago, I saw thi advertised on TV. Their are some people who will, for a price, take any family photograph you own, and transform it into a perfect, gorgeous oil painting. The end rsults were real beautiful..down to the last detail.

Truth is, portraits look so much better in oil.

Anybody heard of the process, and know if it's still available?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Doug,

I have seen this offer here and there. Your local INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL photographer should be able to steer you to the people that can do you a good job. A couple of places I've had my shoots done have had brochures at their studios. I'd just look it up in your phone book. Good luck! Hey, how's that 'Entourage' coming? Hope you're having fun with it.

Steven
Coram Deo
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Be careful who you hire for this process. J.C. Penny (and probably the other stores too) will do something that looks like oil but isn't. I have a nice family protait over my firplace that is just so. I wasn't cheated, I knew what I was getting, and it looks great.

Make sure if you are paying for oil, that you are getting oil.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Cliff, Can I assume that if it isn't really oil, the price is considerably lower?

For the price, would you say the untrained eye can't really tell that it is not actually oil?

Actually, the truth is, I'm broke right now, but I was thinking about sometime in the future, if and when things turn around for me. I have this photo of me and my wife holding my children on our laps when we were all much younger, and my wife looks beautiful in that photo. No sign of the illness that would take her life. Her eyes sparkle with life and happiness, she is smiling, her hair is full and gorgeous, and it has become my favorite photo to remember her with.

Perhaps someday, in the unforseeable future, I could have it done up by the transformation process, and it would take a very special place on my living room wall.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
My next door neighbor who is a local Artist made a beautiful portrait of my Daughter in Water Colors and presented it to me as a gift a few years ago. The Painting was taken from a studio photo that I gave to her about a year earlier.
What a nice gift it was and so unexpected.
The painting holds a special place on my living room wall.
I see no reason why an Oil Painting could not have been as well. An excellent Artist can do most anything.
My Cousin has a Tattoo of his Son (age 6 at the time) on his leg and it looks more like a Photograph (black & white) than a Tattoo.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Art lovers, Ever Hear Of This? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL