The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Foresight #4 in Psychic Sight Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Many have asked me the effect of the next release in the series. Here it is in a nutshell. Two people not stooges nor made into an instant stooge are invited on stage. A jumbo card is face down on the table and is not touched by the performer. Each person thinks of a card. One red and one black to insure they think of different cards. No equivocate used in the selection. They just think of cards.

Performer immediately looks at one person and quickly states 3 Correct comments about the card they are thinking of and then names it. All 3 comments are correct with no wrong answers. This is fast, stunning and done in a few seconds.

You tell the second person you won't read their mind, rather you will see if your foresight is reliable. You ask that person to name the card they are thinking of. They go over to the table and turn around the jumbo card in full view. It is the very card they just named.

No Switches, no actual deck of cards is used, just the one jumbo card.
No preshow work, Spectator's write nothing down at any time. First card is revealed at lightning speed using advanced techniques that will raise the bar on think of a card and I will name it.

Again no instant stooge. No dual reality. The effect is the same to both spectators as it is to the audience. Both spectators are completely fooled and will have no idea as to how it is done.

The first spectator is told may think of any color card, she only tells the second person what color she is thinking of, so he will think of a card of a different color. This insures both people think of a different card and insures you the double climax of reading the first person's mind and then having the 2nd person's thought of card on the table in full view the whole time.

Again no switches, no sleights, Jumbo card is not gimmicked or gaffed. It can be examined. Magician need be no where near the card.

100% surefire. No outs, no multiple endings. The trick is the same each time. Yes it can be done one on one with just two people. Could be done strolling as long as the next group wasn't close enough to see the trick done before. Cannot be repeated for the same group, but that isn't a problem. Close-up or stage. These are the conditions. Watch for it next year. Sorry but no 20 questions. I've stated the facts and the conditions and where and how you can perform it. Again no actual deck of cards is used in the effect.

That is release 4. Coming after the first of the year.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Nice.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Put me on the list!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Me to.
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
That sounds interesting! Smile

Greetings
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Yes, but will the tv rights be included? Smile

Seriously, the only suggestion I have is to make sure it's ready to ship before dealers start taking orders.

Devin told me about the principles involved, and this is clever and promising. I really like the plot, and new (non-stooge) ways of doing it are very welcome... looking forward to it.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Devin thanks for being open and upfront about the conditions. Only wish more creator's would do the same. First purchase for me for 2007. Would love to take
this strolling. How big is that jumbo card approx?
Let us know when it is ready.

Thanks Mike

magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
First of all I promise, no dealer will advertise this until it is actually ready. So there will be no presales. The first three of the series are still selling like hotcakes and I don't want to flood the market with another release so soon. I expect to release this one the later part of January 2007.

Ok, to answer your question Mike, no jumbo card comes with the trick. I supply you with a special gimmick that makes this all work (but doesn't use an instant stooge) You can use a regular playing card from any deck or a jumbo card from any deck. Since every magician has decks of cards there is no need to supply you with a regular card. Close up people will want to use a regular playing card, while stage performers will want to use one of their jumbo cards.

Like Blindsight this uses several old principles but blended together in such a way that it looks totally impossible. Clean and very clever in concept. My good friend Mel Strouse was instrumental in helping me improve the verbal revelation. The credit list for this release is long. As I have based this on a combination of published ideas from Koran, TA Waters, Max Maven, Arson, Harry Anderson, Al Mann, Mel Strouse, Osterlind, Banachek and myself.

Yes some of the principles are old, but all are used in a fresh way that will throw off many of those familiar with them due to blending of so many ideas into the basic method.

I really think that you guys will like this one even better than Blindsight. It is just as ingenious as far as the methodology.

Devin

Posted: Dec 11, 2006 9:20am
------------------------------------------
I did want to say I'm extremely proud of the verbal card revelation. This is the result of years of thought. No trying to remember a formula to fish by. No hidden cue list. No memory work. No complicated fishing that looks like you are playing 20 questions. Just 3 quick direct statements that are all correct as you lead in to actually naming the card they thought of. Think of it, you make 3 comments that are all correct. You are never wrong. Yet by doing this you immediately know the card they are thinking of. Sometimes if you are lucky you will only need to make 2 correct comments. Nothing will appear to be fishing to the average lay person.

I sincerely think the handling that Mel Strouse and I have developed in probably the strongest version of this yet. TA Waters was the inspiration but with some new advanced ideas I've added we have the best of both worlds and have one of the fastest and cleanest ways to reveal a card just thought of. I really think the bar has been raised with this release.

The method has been worked out in such a way that you will do it automatically almost without having to think about, yet you will unfailingly name the thought of card so fast with 3 correct comments, that your brother magicians will be saying, "how did he get the card that quickly?" Just when they are expecting you to start a fishing expedition, you suddenly name the card.

Posted: Dec 11, 2006 9:24am
------------------------------------------
I'm sorry to say this will not be a limited release. I will sell as many as I can Smile
The trick will NOT be $100.00 but some ridiculously low price making sure it IS not an exclusive and the average magician will be able to afford it.
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Franky
Hi Devin,

please let me know if I can perform this in german language ???

Thanks

Franky
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If you can read my english directions then you can do it. Remember there is no secret cues or instant stooges. As long as people know playing cards you can do it with any audience.Any conditions.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I don't want to start a string of "Can it be done on the beach, in the park, naked, with coins, etc"

But

I have been searching for an effect I could perform walk around style where I approach a group with a card hanging from a string around my neck and later reveal it. Could Foresight be a possible solution?

Best

Derek Merdinyan
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Great idea and YES believe it or not FORESIGHT will allow you do exactly what you want to do. The card can be hanging around your neck and it will be the card the 2nd person thought of. I do want to stress though. Although this can be done strolling and close up, it must be done for TWO people in the two phases I mentioned. Two people think of a different card. You read the first person's mind and the 2nd person's card will be hanging around your neck.

Just to be fair and this doesn't tip the method, but this will not work for just one person. In other words you couldn't have one person think of two cards. Without going into my method, you need for the first person to think of a card in order for the 2nd part of the trick to work where the 2nd person's thought of card is around your neck.

Just a heads up guys, any two people at random and you've got a miracle. Try it for
just one person and they may stumble on the method. To me this isn't a con, this is designed as a two phase trick for two people. Neither being stooges, the way the routine is designed both will be fooled. However if you tried to let one person do both phases he may stumble onto the method if he is astute.

Hope that answers that question.
byxnz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of byxnz
How well does this play in a bar environment where people have "had a few"? Can they easily follow what's going on? If there's any mental math or acrobatics for them to do, I'm worried I'll lose em. I'm also thinking of sealing the card in an envelope so grabby specs don't reveal it before they should. Is that possible?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
That is awesome that this can be done with a regular card. I just thought ok Jumbo card for tabel hopping how big?
Can't wait to get this.
I would love to do a review for you, pre release. More than happy too.

Sounds like you do not need one the with the quality products you put out.
Just don't offer a hundred;)
But more than likley this wont be under my tree for Christmas.
I will have to wait till the New Year.

Thanks Michael
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Byxnz,
There are no mental calculations for the person to do. Just think of a card, the second person is told to think of a different color card. No calculations, no mental stunts, equivogue, etc. Yes, the predicted card could be in an envelope but that isn't as strong as some people may think you have more than one card in the envelope, although it could be examined.

I wouldn't recommend doing this in a bar when people have had a few. You want them thinking straight. You don't want them to forget the card they thought of. You want them to be able to quickly confirm you are right. Just for the record the 3 phase correct comments will more or less be this. Suppose they are thinking of the 5 of diamonds.

You're thinking of a diamond.
It's a low card
Picture it in your mind so I can count the pips.
I see one, two, three, four, five pips

Your card is the 5 of Diamonds.

You turn to the second person and say, "I won't read your mind, I want to test my FORESIGHT. I placed a card here before you came up. What is your card? 3 of Clubs.
Have him turn the card over, it's the 3 of clubs.

That folks is what the audience sees each and every show. The ending is the same, but you may say a different number of pips or the suit of the card. You may say it's a high card. It depends on what card they have FREELY thought of. However the same sequence of 3 comments will basically be the same for each show, just a slight variation depending on what card they thought of.

There are NO wrong answers, everything you say is correct. You want the person sober enough to realize what you are telling
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Devin, that sounds impossible! I can't wait for this release! I loved farsight and I'm waiting for blindsight. Should be good. Roll on january
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Most of my effects read, sound and look impossible. But once you get the secret you see it is easy to do and pratical.
byxnz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of byxnz
Thanx for the 411. This is gonna be great!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Now I really can't wait for this, it sounds unbelievable.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1358 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Sorry for asking but may I ask what are the previous releases in the psychic sight series,also do you sell them directly?By the way the effect above sounds great!

All the best,

Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Foresight #4 in Psychic Sight Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL