The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Upcoming Stage Performance... PLEASE HELP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys. I have a stage performance coming up for my SAM assemblies Holiday Dinner, and I would just like your guys' thoughts on the act:

I walk out on stage and open with The Silent Treatment. Once that is all done, I put everything from the effect on the table and grab a McDonalds bag. Then I'll kind of go into story mode for the Appearing 8 foot straw:

"I remember last week I walked into McDonalds and ordered my meal. I was starving so I biggie sized everything. I asked for the Big Mac (pull a Big Mac box out of the bag), biggie sized fries (pull out the biggie fry container which I will gimmick and freeze all the fries and superglue them so they stay all together and dry), and a biggie sized soda (pull out a biggie sized cup with a lid on it). The guy told me he also put a biggie sized straw in there for me, so I laughed and walked away. I walked back to my seat, and to my suprise, there was something else in the bag! Napkins! (I say "napkins" while I pull them out) [this will provide a bit of comedy, as they were expecting a huge straw].. BUT to my surprise, as he promised, there was a (start to pull the straw out) biggie sized (keep pulling it out, and pull it all the way out) straw!"

Then after that, I will put the straw and bag to the side and introduce a newspaper. I'll do Gene Andersons Torn and Restored Newspaper, and at the end produce a dove. The end.

PLEASE guys, any help, comments, or criticism on the whole thing, parts of the routine, or both would be GREAT being that the performance is this Friday.

Thanks so much guys!
-Vinnie
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds like a really fun act. I like the thought you put into the "8 foot straw" effect. You'll get a laugh with that.

Have fun and...Good luck!

Mark. Smile
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Thanks a lot Mark! I hope the whole story and taking the food items out of the bag will not get boring to the audience though..

-Vinnie
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I would be surprised if they did get bored with it. After all, it will not take that long and the straw kicker will throw everyone off at the end anyway.

I think you'll be pleased.

Mark.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

I agree Mark! Thanks for the lift! =]

-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Come on guys! ANY other help/commments/criticism?

Please? =]
-Vinnie
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
If you are playing to a magic club I would not worry to much about being boring. 9 out of 10 magic club meetings and shows are boring anyway. I am not saying you will be , I like your ideas. I am just saying don't worry about that too much just go out there and have fun , do your best and be glad you got to show your magic to live people. You can never perform too much. The most important part is to have fun doing it. Magic clubs can give you some feedback on things but thier thinking is in most cases the completely backwards than the way lay audiences think. The best of luck to you.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Gotcha London, thanks! And there are going to be more laymen there than magicians, as it is a family dinner type event.. But I will ask the other magi's to help with criticism after the performance..

Thanks
-Vinnie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Upcoming Stage Performance... PLEASE HELP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL