The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Welcome to The Magic Café Paul! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4813 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As founder and manager of this little online community it gives me great pleasure to welcome R Paul Wilson as our very special GUEST OF HONOR for the month of December. Smile

I know you're a busy guy Paul and just want you to know we are very grateful that you have taken the time to be our guest for the next seven days - WELCOME! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
My pleasure, Steve - thanks for having me.

P
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Heartly welcome to the Magic Café Paul. You might remember me from FISM this year.
Anyhows relax and enjoy your stay here. Im sure you will like it.

Peo

PS Love your Royal Roard to Card Magic DVD's, great job.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hey Peo, I do remember you - very well.

Thanks for your kind words about RRTCM

P
Lynne Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of Lynne Kelly
Hi Paul,

Through this forum, someone recommended Gypsy Monte. I have now adapted it to my style, and it is my most requested routine by far. I did a gig today with some pre-teens, two of which had seen me do it over six months ago. The first thing they said was 'Can we see the bird of fortune again?' which is the way the refer to my version. I have Knock 'em Dead, of course, and have just ordered RRTCM.

Are there other routines you would recommend as effective as that? I don't want full deck story routines. I really like using small packets of tarot cards for the stories. I use a Durer tarot set which has great pictures with lots of personality.

Thank you for my best routine!

Lynne
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hey Lynne, I would stongly recommend Peter Kane's Gypsy Curse. It's right here on my desk (I've been working on a new version for months) and I've always considered it to be a stunning effect, brilliantly constructed by a true magical genius.

I released a version of Gypsy Monte with two additional deat cards. These were switched in at the end of my original routine so all the cards turned into "death" (this kills in my kids act).

I'm sure the same idea would work for your presentation, which sounds a little less morbid.

P
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Nice of you to visit us all here, Paul Smile

Jürgen,
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5361 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
A very warm welcome to you, Paul! I've been wearing out my copies of "Knock 'Em Dead" and "Twists of Fate," and loving every minute of it. I'm greatly looking forward to your stay here at the Café.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Welcome R.P. Nice to see you here and your insightful answers to questions. See you at Dean's next time you cross the Pond.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
Welcome R. P. Wilson, what a pleasure to have you here with us. I look forward to reading these posts over the next week - thanks again.

Bill
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3211 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Welcome to the Magic Café!

Thanks for coming to share with us here.

It is a great honor to have you here.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I agree with Paul about how good Peter Kane's Gypsy Curse is (with Ron Bauer's handling).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lynne Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of Lynne Kelly
Thank you all for the advice. I have ordered your packet version of Gypsy Monte, Paul. I suspect I will use it for a different story line, given my current one works so well for me. It is more gentle - death cards with teenagers does tend to lead to parental complaints and I perform mostly for teenagers and pre-teens. I wear a lot of spider jewellery and my version ends up with a link to me as the one who applied the curse with the final reveal through the spider imagery. Spiders are my theme because I adore them so much.

From what I have seen and read of Gypsy Curse I am keen to get it. I stuggled to find how to buy it online. I would like to know how - by PM if that is more in keeping with protocols.

Or will the Ron Bauer booklet give me all I need?

Paul, if you are working on a new version, does that mean you will be marketing it? If so - when?

Lynne
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
I doubt I'll market it - it's just a handling for Peter Kane's cards. Search for Peter's original title (of the same trick) Hungarian Guessing Game - you might find it that way.

P
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Paul,

Welcome to the Café ... haven't seen you since FISM (great lecture by the way) ... may be playing Texas Hold'em at LVMI ... I hope you can stop by ...

PS I have known you for years and I have always wanted to ask ...

What does the R. in your name stand for?
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
My father's name is Ronald - I was to be Paul Ronald Wilson until he thought Ronald Paul rolled off the tongue better.

But I have always been Paul. Some very close friends call me R. Paul in the US.

R. Paul Wilson is handy to have - there's an F. Paul Wilson and a guy called just Paul Wilson who writes books on how to be calm - that definitely isn't me.

Besides we already have one Ron Wilson in magic (who happens to be one of my favourite magicians of all time).

P.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Welcome to The Magic Café Paul! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL