The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Walter 'Sonny' Day » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Quote:
Paul spent a year travelling as a Svengali demonstrator where he met Sonny Day. They became fast friends and Paul learned a great deal from Sonny. His magic has continued to influence Paul's thinking to this day.

From Peter Duffie's introduction to "Five Times Five - Scotland":
Quote:
Sonny also died suddenly a few years ago resulting in the great loss of another charmig and highly creative gentleman of Scottish magic. Again I have selected three personal favorites from his many unpublished miracles.

Paul,

I'm interested in learning more about 'Sonny' Day - the man and his magic. Any comments or recollections that you would like to share?

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
John - I could go on all day about Sonny.

He is still one of the most remarkable magicians I have ever met and I am eternally grateful to him for his guidance when I was younger.

I don't want to say too much more because I have written a long article about him for Genii magazine. A lot of what I would tell you here is in that article and it's best to read it there.

Another magician of comparable genius was Dave Campbell. A book on his magic was published last year by International Magic called "The Dave Campbell Legacy". It's stuffed with terrific routines and comes highly recommended by me.

P
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Paul,

I'm looking forward to reading the article about Sonny.
"One arrow. One life."
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Quote:
On 2006-12-12 05:13, John Pezzullo wrote:
Paul,

I'm looking forward to reading the article about Sonny.

Ditto Ditto....I would love to hear more about Sonny. Looking forward to that.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
For fun - here's an effect I reveal in the Genii article - you'll need to wait till then for the secret.

Sonny would toss two dice into his hand and shake them. You heard them inside the hand but a second later they were gone.

It's not the method Roger Klause uses, nor is it any kind of rattle gimmick up his sleeve. The method was ingenious and sounded absolutely real - not muffled or quiet. See Genii in the coming months for the answer.

P
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sonny Day... what a great name. Anybody using Dark Knight?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Quote:
On 2006-12-12 14:30, Pete Biro wrote:
Sonny Day... what a great name. Anybody using Dark Knight?

"Dark Knight"....I think that's Batman's moniker Pete...2 Super Heros. One of Justice and One of Magic
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Walter 'Sonny' Day » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL