The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Closer for wierd show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello everyone!

(I posted this message some days ago at the Bizarre-forum. I got some really good answers - but thought that some of you guys have some great ideas. Anything is welcome.)

I am doing a, sort of, bizarre show. It is a mix of bizarre magic, sideshow stunts and other things I think fitting. I have a hard time finding a closer that I like. Right now I am using my street show finale - a strait jacket escape with chains. I like that routine and I have done it a lot - so I know that it plays big. Still I would like to find something that I don't usually do. I have been thinking about "Spiked" but have decided against it.

My set consists of:

1) A prediction using two decks of cards where spectator and I randomly choses the same card. (Jay Sankey - Echo)

2) A version of "The human blockhead" where I bend the nail with my mind afterwards.

3) Razorblade on string

4) Glass eating

5) Max Mavens Zenvelopes (will be changed into Dark Museum as soon as I get it.)

6) SJ escape.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I would respectfully ask why you start a cool sideshow style act with a card trick?

Gary
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
A good question - that perhaps needs an explanation. The cards themself doesn't matter. It is a routine where the theme is "This night is special" and that trick really gives the audience a feeling of "What the f***". I like it and it works fine. Perhaps you can come up with a better start. Smile

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This probably won't work for you but it's something that I created for a TV show that I suppose to do, but it the production fell apart.

It starts off with me sitting in a chair in a strait jacket. I look like I am filled with Thorazine. I am just vegged out. A nurse comes in, gives me a shot of something into my neck and then she leaves.

I come to life as the drugs start to kick in. I do a strait jacket escape. I am now free and do my act.

At the end of the act, I ask for volunteer. The person comes up and sits in the chair. I have them select a card. I try to find it and fail several times. I get upset. I go to a box, take out a knife, come up to the specator from behind and slit their throat. Blood gushes from the spectator's mouth as he falls off the chair, writhes on the floor and dies. An alarm goes off as I stand their laughing at the dead spectator.

The nurse comes running in accompanied by a huge male orderly. He grabs me as she injects something into my neck. As the drugs take affect, I stop laughing and go back into the vegged out state. The orderly straps the strait jacket back on me and puts me into the chair. The nurse and orderly exit and I sit there vegged out as the lights fade out.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Was that a confession?
Higley's Doug's Museum
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'd believe every bit of it, except the part about being vegged out.

One of the themes I sometimes play with, is "I wouldn't do anything to you, that I wouldn't be willing to do to myself first."

The card trick establishes that you're the same, so...
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
All great Art is based on personal experience. At least, that's what the voices in my head tell me.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There you go talking about Art again. When will you tell us his last name?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Fay. Art Fay.
Higley's Doug's Museum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Closer for wierd show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL