The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Riffle Shuffle Techniques » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
Paul,

It was great seeing you work at TAOM this year. I'm interested in your refined riffle shuffle techniques on cull, stock and control methods. I've heard your working on a manuscript/book like this and was wondering what we may find inside it when its published.

SW
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hey SW - love your book!

I am still pencilling ideas to include in such a manuscript. It might appear early next year, if I get time to write it. I just spent two months on another booklet - I write slow!

The Riffle Shuffle work will include riffle culls, strategies and setups. I also have some neat stacking ideas and ways to set up the next phase as you perform the last (if that makes sense).

I have a neat riffle palm, too, that will appear, plus a cool false shuffle you might not have seen before.

I had a great time at TAOM and was really glad I went. Chuck Smith (and NB) was the highlight - incredible guy. I think I spent three days straight with him in the bar!

P
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
847 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi Paul, Nice to see you online. Hope you get back to Hong Kong soon. Chuck Smith is one of the guys I would love to meet one day. Any stories on how you three days were with him?

Sean
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Chuck was one of those people I had heard about for years. Stories about his magic and personality were told to me by Jennings, Norm Beck, Steve Forte and others.

Meeting Chuck was a real delight. He was everything I'd heard about and more. Charming, funny, intelligent and very creative. He fooled me over and over and it was a wonderful to bounce ideas off of him.

His books are well worth looking for. They're packed with devilishly clever ideas.

It's great when someone actually exceeds their reputation.

P
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1637 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Hi Paul ~

I was at TAOM and hanging out just behind you during a little session with Norman and Richard Turner. Norman did the bridge deal memorization. Pretty impressive demo by Norman. Didn't introduce myself for some reason.

I am glad you were able to meet Chuck. He is something else. Incredible magic and his thinking just goes on an on in many different areas.

Question - was he at all what you expected? I find many people aren't sure what to think when they meet him. He has stretched my thinking in many ways over the years. A real treasure.

~ Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Riffle Shuffle Techniques » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL