The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Royal Road on DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Paul,
First, let me state that it's an honor to have you here. You've been a major inspiration in my card magic and I consider your Twists of Fate, Knock'em Dead, and Restaurant Act DVD set one of the best on the market.

My question is about you Royal Road DVD sets. I've heard plenty of rumors about who's set was thought of first. There was the L&L set and the Magic Makers set. Though the MM set was released a few weeks before yours, I've always heard, and therefore told people, that your set was the original and was in the works for much longer than the six month time frame of the MM version. Could you give us any more details on this?
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
I shot Royal Road the week AFTER I shot Hit The Road with Lee Asher. So that's around January 2002. It was announced and discussed online around that time and was mentioned regularly ever since.

I can't, and won't comment about Rob Stiff's motives or business practices. I think the record speaks for itself.

On a different subject,

I think magicians should start choosing to protect their own art form. Any kind of online copying, stealing of tricks, ripping off of ideas should be regarded with disdain and supporting such activities should regarded (by all) as unacceptable.

We have a small art form all to ourselves. Those who plunder the movie and music industry are starting to have a real impact. We cannot withstand the same amount of decay within magic. If piracy becomes too widespread, the magic marketplace will simply dry up completely.

End rant...
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Thanks for clearing that up. That's basically what I had heard before, so I just had to reassure myself. I completely agree with what your thoughts on stealing magic. There are a few of us that are doing our part to stop it.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Royal Road on DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL