The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Accent? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D.WAYNE FOR FUN
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of D.WAYNE FOR FUN
Hey R.P.
Welcome to the Café. Pull up a chair and grab a hot chocolate. Or a beer if you like stronger alcholohl. Your accent is different now, how would you describe it?
D. WAYNE
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
I was born on Cyprus, raised in Singapore and, by the time my parents returned to Scotland I had a strong southern ENGLISH accent! This was thanks to the military schools overseas - teachers and most friends were English.

After a year of having the English beaten out of me I developed a Scottish accent but it has never been a strong "Groundskeeper Willie" type accent.

When I was in the forces I picked up pieces of other accents without really trying. I can't mimic an accent at all so it seems to be a natural habit from somewhere.

Since I started travelling so much my accent has flattened out even more but the Scottish comes back whenever I'm home.

There's one advantage to this - unlike many of my countrymen, I am easily understood abroad without resorting to carefully pronouncing every syllable!

P
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Quote:
On 2006-12-12 03:25, R P Wilson wrote:
There's one advantage to this - unlike many of my countrymen, I am easily understood abroad without resorting to carefully pronouncing every syllable!

Pardon? Smile

Sorry, Paul! Couldn't resist that one!!!

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Accent? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL