The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
What if you sold an add-on to your show where every kid gets a Polaroid picture wearing the baby outfit and posing with the magician?
JL608
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of JL608
Well, I just received my pair of Big Baby puppets (which the kind folks at Axtell Expressions shipped quickly for me so my daughters would have them to use in a school talent show next week).

I've come to expect top quality from anything Axtell releases, and they did not disappoint! The babies are beautifully constructed and easy to put on. The biggest surprise was how "roomy" the diaper area is for holding props.

Although my children will be using them more as a costume as they sing a song about having a tantrum, the comedic possibilities for any working performer are endless (as is by now obvious!).

This is just an all around terrific prop, and I believe priced very fairly.

Along with their brilliant Off The Meter, this is another definite winner from Axtell Expressions! You won't regret making this purchase.

Thanks,

Joe
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Joe,

I know you're Kids will Win! Let us know the results!
Dennis Michael
JL608
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of JL608
Dennis,

They don't judge the talent. Everyone's a winner.

I know that s**ks.

But thanks for the good wishes!

Joe
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

That is best. However, your big babies will be talked about for quite a while!
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Take videos for our website!
Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Marketing Tool - print up some wallet-sized photos or business cards with a photo of you in your Big Baby get-up on one side AND your contact info on the other of the photo/card. Now you can hand out gag photos of "YOU...when you were a baby".

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Too bad clickable smiles are disabled......I'd fill up this post with them. I added your idea to the bottom area of the webpage.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Hi Steve,
What about an Ax track with the baby’s thoughts, which are heard by the audience along with mommies’ voice?
Getting ready to order my big baby, now. Love it.
Keep the ideas coming in!
Magic Mike
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Just got my Big Baby in the mail an hour ago! I asked my family to gather around, and I wanted to show them the latest in "magical toys" I received. When I turned around and started "hamming it up" as a baby, they were laughing hysterically. I didn't do anything other than whack my self with a breakaway wand and act like what a baby would do. And if this is the reaction, I can't wait until I try on a live audience with a good routine!

You got another winner here, Ax!!!
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Denise, how fun to read your reaction! Awesome! Send video!

Magic Mike - great idea. We have already produced our CD, but you can use what we give you and add to it...like with your Baby Thoughts ideas (which is GREAT, by the way!). I think it would be very funny to do "baby talk" in your real voice, and then have the "heavy reverbed thought voice" speak in the cigar-smoking gruff voice like Rick suggested earlier.

Here's what's on the CD (we will ship this to those that ordered your baby earlier than the CD was available)....to the best of my memory...we've been recording all week, here goes:

1. Comedy bit - A very funny comedy routine starting out with a showbiz version of the song "Baby Face"......(allowing you time to get into it) which softens down to lullaby music, goes thru thumb sucking, crying, bottle drinking, burping, farting, and a very funny ending....all with GREAT music and sound effects, as usual.

2. Same comedy routine as above but without the fart in case of special audiences that may think that's crossing the line.

3. Time Travel - A routine that allows a performer to say, "I get asked all the time how I got my start in Magic....I thought I would show you"...... Time travel music as you get into the rig, and then it's similar to the previous comedy bit but, as you reach into the diaper, the music fades so you can custom routine your baby magic performance. Then, there is "Baby Face theme" tag music you can use to end that routine.

4. Various, 20 or so, statements of "Mother's Voice" calling from another room, which allow you to react to them. You can use these any way you want.

Then, all of the elements will be available (music, sound effects, voices, etc.) to cut and paste into your own custom routine using audio editing software, like the free Audacity.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I got mine today, and it is SWEET! I love it. A real quality prop, I can't wait to use it!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Denise? Is that your new alter-ego, Dennis? Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Ax is really my Uncle, and he keeps getting his Denise and Denefew mixed up. It happens after a while when you make these wonderful and funny props.
:)

Ax, the CD looks very good. The time thing looks so interesting. I was thinking of going back in time to the '80s, to the '70s, to the '60s, to the '50s, to the '40...well, that is when I was born...and moving into the baby music. And Baby Face, well, that sounds great.

I was thinking of making a balloon mouse, but can't blow it up, putting it in my diaper, making the fart sound, and bringing out a small pre-made tied balloon.

If Disney can do it dozens of times and get away with it, I'm game! It is what babies do! Eat and..."make noise".
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Too funny, Denise!.....I mean, Dennis.

Speaking of funny props....I'm working on some really cool new things right now. 5-6 actually. Those of you that send me a link to your flash video clip of the Big Babies being used in your show, I will share my secret projects with you!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Ax, this is soooo cool. It's a SECRET WEAPON that is going to blow the audience away. It so cute, it's funny, and you can really get away with doing a lot of comedy things.

Now I got to figure how I am going to take apart my Comedy Squirting Phone and work it into the diaper, without squirting myself, but make it look like "Oops, Mommy! I need to be changed!"

Hmmmm, I wonder how I can use a cell phone?
Dennis Michael
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
With the Squirting Phone...

Baby: "Oops, I seemed to have wet myself..."
(Take out cell phone and pretend to dial a number)
Baby: "Hello, is this Dial-A-Diaper?"
(Wait a beat, then have the phone squirt you, or into the air.)
Baby: (sarcastically towards the phone) "Very funny."

...I'll see if I can think of any diaper telephone conversation jokes/gags to add to this bit, as it would probably need something else afterwards.

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Conversation continued...

Baby: "Yes, the reason I'm calling is, do you deliver?"
(wait a couple seconds - listening)
Baby: "No, not deliver babies... Do you make house calls?"
Baby: "Yes, I know you're not a doctor... Can you deliver a box of diapers to my house?"
Baby: "Yes, that will be fine, thank you."
Baby: "Oh, you've got a diaper joke for me?..."
Baby: (as if you're repeating the caller) "What do you buy your 90 year old grandparents for their birthday?.... I give up, what?"
Baby: "Depends??... Ohh... Depends, I get it now. That was really bad... Anyways, I gotta go...which is why I was calling you in the first place... Goodbye."

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Another big batch goes out tomorrow! I can't wait until you get yours!
Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
The CD will be finished early next week, and it's amazing. Greg Jackson, my producer, has outdone himself again.

You can now HEAR a sample of the TIME TRAVEL routine on the site! Go to the Big Babies Page and click on the player down on the right side.

There will be several great routines on the CD that comes FREE with your Big Baby. Enjoy!

http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL