The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I'm not sure what the item would be yet, but something like Dan Garret's Sponge Bananas would work well with this baby/diaper set-up.

The bananas, carrots, and pickles aren't really suited for a baby character, though. Something more like sponge baby bottles(?). Any suggestions?

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Sponge cigars would work if someone is doing the Baby Herman character...and they're about the same size as the sponge bananas. Smile

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Click on These:

Giant Baby Bottle $20.00
Giant Rubber Ducky $22.00
Giant Lolly Pop $20.00
Giant Diaper Pin $32.00
I sure if you look around on this Giant Stuff Site, other things and uses would come to mind.
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Great stuff. I've added these links to the other jumbo props links section on the page.

I need direct links to any MAGIC TRICKS that could be used with babies. Over-sized wands, infant related stuff. I've got a few going now.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Rick, we could put the mother's voice on the CD....the baby's voice would be best done live.

What phrases would be great for a mother to say from another room? We'll provide several.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
TRANFORMATION:

Some will just put it on in full view of the audience...talking about how they got started as a very young person...but it could be more dramatic....

The effect of time travel into the past will be sold by the sound effects on the CD. During that, there are several ways to get into the rig.

You could walk off stage and get into it, and either walking out in a crouched position, or sliding out on a rolling office chair, being pushed on stage (on the chair) by an assistant.

Ducking down behind a magic stand....

Step behind your portable show backdrop....

Another idea is to buy a large 6 x 6' piece of black fabric and have the rig under it. Then first cover yourself completely with the black fabric and proceed to get into the rig under the cloth....then remove it for the reveal.

Other ideas?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Hi Steve,

Yes, definitely just the mother's voice on the CD (with some music and sound effects). This way you could also give your customers a few different comebacks to choose from. It also leaves it open for people to make up their own lines.

Another gag possibility is, baby tosses a ball behind him (past the curtains), there's a sound effect of ALOT of things breaking and crashing...

Mommy: Oh, my goodness! What happened?
Baby would then reach into his diaper and pull out a stuffed/toy cat (the more realistic, the better) and point his finger at the cat...
Mommy: Oh, bad kitty! Bad kitty! No more playing inside the house for you! Outside you go!
Baby would then look and mischievously grin at the cat, then toss him over his shoulder.
(For added comedy, more crashing and cat howling. Baby could then make an "Ooops" expression.)

Steve, did you want me to PM you a bunch of lines, or just post them here?

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Great stuff, Rick. If you and others continue to share your ideas here, people can react to it and the ideas will grow bigger. Keep posting, everyone!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Baby Frankenstein Routine? HMMMMmmm... This has more Ideas than the Meter!
Dennis Michael
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Oh, by the way, Dennis - thanks for the link to the GreatBigStuff site. There's a lot of great props there, and I already added the link to my favorites. Thanks again.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
What about putting the baby in a stroller? That would make the entrance even easier. If you sat on a little stool behind the stroller that had casters on the legs, you'd just have to push yourself onto the stage. You could also have your female assistant dressed up like "Mommy" or a "Nurse" and wheel you into place.

If the baby body is separate, but stuck on the bed with Velcro, that would give performers the option of making their own conveyance for the baby.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Ax,

You said the Big Babies would start shipping April 7th. I know since that time, there are a lot of ideas and possible changes. Have they started shipping?

Dennis

P.S. Ric...You're Welcome.
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
The first ones will start shipping at the end of the week... Betsy is managing the list. Her email is order AT axtell.com
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
SPECIAL OFFER -

Thanks so much for all the help you have been! We are giving a special introductory offer on Big Babies, as you'll see on the web. IF you have already placed an order at the higher price, don't worry, Betsy is giving you the special deal!

Could I ask a favor in return? PLEASE SEND ME A VIDEO CLIP of you performing in front of a live audience. The easiest way is to put it up on YOUTUBE and let me know about it. We'll consider it for inclusion in the Axtell site.

If you do this for me, I'll let you in on the next hot secret product I'm working on right now!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Ax,

Thanks for cutting the price by $50.00, because that was just the incentive I needed to place my order. It's a BOY! Now all I need is a box of cigars.

Mike
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
LOL! But a box of cigars is $50! Save the money for some baby props!

We recorded part of the CD today. We should be finished sometime next week.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Hi, Steve, I'm back.

Three more for your files. These ones came to me as I was about to fall asleep tonight...

1.) Topsy Turvy bottles with baby bottles! A lot of comedy possibilities here with a volunteer (child or adult).

2.) French Drop a small ball (or whatever), either lap or ditch the ball as you go inside the diaper for some "magic woofle dust"...a small can of baby powder. You could even go Lisa Menna wild as you shake the stuff all over the place. In the end, after the dust settles (hehe), the ball really does disappear. Warning - I don't know how hard it'd be to clean baby powder off your crib set-up. You may want to either mime shaking on the powder OR load the can with confetti, which brings me to another idea to play with...

3.) "My favorite part of the day is when my mom puts baby powder on my butt. In fact, some days I dream about THAT all day long." Go into Snowstorm In China.

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Wow, Rich, these three are great ideas!
Dennis Michael
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Adults Only - Have a beach ball to toss out into the audience to help select a volunteer. The beach ball, of course, would be pink and look like a big booby. (if you know what I mean). Smile You could even milk this bit with some funny lines.

When a volunteer is selected, have them toss the beach ball back to you (before they come onstage). Of course, you won't be able to catch it due to your restrictions, and it'll go bouncing off. "Good help is so hard to find," or, "I have a bad feeling about you," or, "When I grow up, I'm going to kick your butt."

Rick Mearns
www.vancouvermagic.com
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
7 sets shipped out today, Betsy told me. Next week, more will go out. Very exciting stuff.

The CD music is being composed by Greg Jackson over this weekend. I recorded baby sounds yesterday, and the mother's voice will be recorded this weekend. The routines are very funny and full of whimsical sound effects, lead in, transitions, and we are building them so they are very open for your own use and interpretation.

The first several shipments of "Big Babies" are being shipped without the CD, which will be sent when complete.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL