The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
Whatever you decide to do in order to complete production - I WANT ONE

Happy Holidays,
Dani
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Ax ,
I love the idea of the " TOP HAT " at the babies feet , any productions would indeed be very magical..i was thinking about vanishes also ( a Silk , after a few productions and much laughter...an assistant comes up to help with the final production , but wait it is stuck , after a bit of byplay and much laughter out pops a diaper...and guess what !! yours has vanished and in it's place covering your little bit's ( it's a family show )..lol is the silk you vanished earlier with " THE END " printed on it !!!.

I do not know how practical this would be...would need a duplicate diaper that splits some how ( Velcro ), vanishes out of site onto your lap under the cover. The duplicate and the original would have to be attached somehow to aid in the vanish of the original diaper...i will leave this up to the EXPERTS...still would be a very funny routine , to add to a visually funny prop .

Yours Magically John .
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
What about a sound track for it?

Would you like the idea of the "let's go back in time" thing? Time travel sound effects (modern music, mixed into older music 80's - 70's - 60's.....into lullaby music for the baby reveal?) Then what?

What about a baby sound effects routine, with cries and burps, and giggles, and cries....all timed out to a routine.... perhaps some music, like "Shake Rattle and Roll" that the baby has to dance to?

What about the Hokey Pokey (You put your left hand in you put your left hand out, etc.) that a volunteer has to move all the rods so the baby does it correctly.

Give that some thought, and realize that since we are a "family friendly" company we won't be doing anything nasty with the product.

The squirter is something we've considered as an add-on option (like we use on our squirting Elephant puppet, but the position of said nozzle would mean the bed and the baby would get wet from the after spray, and there are problems with that causing the expensive prop to get dirty faster and even mold from the wetness and storage, perhaps instead, a squirting bottle prop....You could probably do it over your shoulder at the audience and it would still be very funny.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
Love it, Ax... and the top hat idea would be a hit. I just emailed to be put on the Waiting List. Can't wait!
Doug
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
I think a sound track with music, songs and sound effects would complete the package.

If you ask me, I think it looks great just the way it is on your site.

I have just ordered your product - 'the cry baby' and would intend using this in conjunction with the 'Big Baby'.

One of my ideas for a routine (that I have started planning) would be to hear a baby crying off stage > walk off stage for a second and pick up the cry baby > perform cry baby bits in my arms > calm cry baby down and put him in a pram > rock cry baby to sleep > point to a spectator (adult) who was laughing during the cry baby bits > invite him on stage > ask him how he would feel if every one laughed at him? > sit him in chair > put on bonnet > whisper some instrucions as I cover him up > let the fun begin.

At the end of the routine, when everyone claps their applause, the little cry baby starts screaming again because he has just been woken up and I thank the volunteer for doing such a good job at disturbing the litle baby Smile and so I calm the baby down and sit the volunteer in the chair again on stage and perform the growing and shrinking head illusion on him. then I send him back to his seat and continue with the show.
Every so often the baby will (in the pram) will burp, fart, make noises, cry, giggle etc.

I might choose/give this participant some pre show prep.
I think simple is best and the way it currently looks on the website is just great. a top hat would restrict your ability to routine this in multiple ways although it is a very good 'magical' way of performing this on yourself. I think that if you're performing this on yourself, you are also restricted with regards to audience control because your body is out of sight and you would have to rely solely on verbal and facial expressions to keep control especially if you intend using this for younger audiences.

The Top hat could be an option.

Squirting bottles and large dummies and rattles and other bits would be great accessories if you could supply them seperately or in a bundle.

the music and sound effects get my vote.

Enjoy,
Dani
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
I agree that the top hat might be an option... along with other accessories. Probably should offer it just the way it looks on the site now... and allow people to add to it.
Doug
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
So, I see several versions of the product:

LATEX HANDS VERSION - Boy / Girl

HUMAN HANDS VERSION - (use your real hands in sleeves) Boy / Girl

OPTIONS:
Top Hat mounted to bed
Squirter / or squirting baby bottle
Sound Effects Routine on CD with Time Travel Music...

Anything else come to mind?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Steve, how practical would it be to make the latex hands/real hands versions interchangeable? If it were possible to use either it would make the prop more versatile. It seems to me that if I bought the latex hands version, I might later regret it and wish I had the real hands, and vice-versa.
Also, what about a babies potty instead of the top hat? That would be more appropriate, perhaps?
Doug
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2006-12-20 04:47, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Also, what about a babies potty instead of the top hat? That would be more appropriate, perhaps?
Doug

Or perhaps a diaper bag...

Lyndel
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Could you make a non latex version ? made out of a vinyl ?
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Ax,

I think this product is a real winner!

I like the idea of the top hat, but could it be attached to the bed with velcro so that it could be removed at times. You could make the blanket so that it folds over the opening when you don't want to use the top hat, or other prop like a diaper bag.

I also like the idea by Potty the Pirate of the interchangeable latex hands/real hands with the basic unit. This would make it more versatile.

I sent you an email to be put on your waiting list for a big baby boy.

Keep up the great work,
Mike
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Cardone - if we make an alternative to the latex body it would probably be fabric. Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
I think if one can get about five of these, a Baby YMCA song number would be so funny Smile

As usual, this will be another Axtell Hit Product Smile

More power Steve!!!

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
dmm
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dmm
What about the following:

-adding a squirting device in the diaper area where the performer can squeeze and the a little stream of water shoots out toward the audience!

-using fake poop to practice your original sleight of hand routine. Talk about your first days of magic, then reach into the diaper and pull out the fake poop, a performer can make it vanish and appear back in the diaper, almost like egg from the mouth, but everytime the baby removes the poop it comes back to the diaper!

-I really like the idea of using your real hands as opposed to fake ones, just for the routine option, but because how funny would that be to see a guy with big arms on a little baby! (should be an option for both!

Great Idea
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Dmm: yeah, everything sounds good except that second item. You probably won't get invited back real soon with that one...
:)
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
How about a two person mind reading act (comedy) with an assistant? The baby would be the receiver. Could be hysterical with the right patter. Baby jokes galore!
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Thanks Steve ..Fabric would be great !
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Very funny, I like it plain & simple. It's a kodak moment for the audience to see one of them look like a little baby. With proper routine & music, can be real winner.

How big & bulky is this for transportation & setup? Will it come w/bag to transport?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Dangit, there goes my annual magic budget out the door! Thanks Ax!

One thing before you finish these, can the Big Baby colors be INTERCHANGED? Like from blue for boy to pink for girl, so I won't need to buy two. It'll be ready whether it's for a girl's bday party or a boy's bday party.

Maybe the fabrics can be velcroed?
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I think the key to this item would be not to overdo it. Keep it simple. The build up to the reveal of the big baby should represent the bulk of the routine. I can see a lot of performers milking this item far too much. In the right hands it would be hilarious though. Wonderful item Ax. Sylvia has come up with a real winner!!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL