The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dream? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bradyofspades
View Profile
New user
new york
14 Posts

Profile of bradyofspades
Do any of you guys own Silver Dream by Justin Miller? I was just curious as to what any of you thought of the DVD and the teaching on it. I'm very new to coin magic, so if any of you had any advice to the difficulty of the DVD or if it is a good learning tool for beginners as well as veterans. All advice would be great.
Thanks.
caubeck
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of caubeck
I have it. I haven't attempted to learm the routine yet, but I can vouch for the quality of the teaching. Some parts of the routine require a foreknowledge of basic sleights.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's been quite a bit of commentary on that product since its release.

have a look via the search function under the Café logo.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8842 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's great, not too hard to learn and the teaching of the effect is excellent...Get it and be all you can be. Smile Oh, and welcome to the Café...Smile-MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
If you're "very new" you may want to look into some better material to start out. Bobo's will teach you the basics, as will the David Stone and Dave Roth videos, if that's what you're looking for.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
bradyofspades
View Profile
New user
new york
14 Posts

Profile of bradyofspades
Oh sorry guys I should have mentioned that I do have bobo's modern coin magic. and to john, I tried to search but for somereason no post were coming up, I'm not sure why, I thought it was strange ill try again though, sry for cluttering up the forum
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8842 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Brady, you're kiddin' right???? Try it again, and go back through the pages...There's plenty on "Silver Dream." In the meantime, here's a link to start you off right. Even the inventor of the trick, Justin Miller is in the string. Let your magical journey with this, start here and now...and may it never stop. Smile -MB

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Some good tips on sleeving.
and the routine is very well put together.
I am still working on perfecting it. worth the effort

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
I like silver dream. I would never really perform it but it is nice to know. I do some sleving and think that some of tips he has on there are great. IF you want to work your butt off on a trick that will kill I think tis would be a great one.But it will take lots of work to get it down
polkablues
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
121 Posts

Profile of polkablues
This probably isn't the best routine for a beginner, although it might not be bad to have it around as something to work your way up to. The second vanish in the routine is especially daunting, but absolutely beautiful when done smoothly. You'll have no complaints with the teaching. Justin Miller is the epitome of thoroughness.
Sean Gleaves
1982-2068 (see how impressed you'll all be if I'm correct)
under the table
View Profile
New user
Detroit
81 Posts

Profile of under the table
Amazing.......nuff said.

Ian
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
It's an awesome routine. I worked hard on getting it down, and have performed it a few times as the closer to a coin routine I put together...great reactions.

Nick
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
The Silver Dream dvd has great teaching. What you get from it by far is techniques on sleeving.

As for the routine itself, it is beautiful.

This is not a bad purchase.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
This routine is killer but its gonna take me a while to master it. Routines like this are fun to play around with though.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8842 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, that's part of what's "killer" about it, about all of this...The journey. When you look back at how long it might've taken you to really get the hang of Silver Dream, especially if you give it the attention it deserves, then you will see that it will not take you as long as you think. Initially, most things seem more difficult than they actually are. Though this effect has a few moves to work, they really aren't that hard once you understand, once your hands and body understand what's to be done and why, as per the specs and what they see. Justin Miller's, "Silver Dream" is a great trick because it brings together so many elements in one effect, i.e. attention management, a few great sleights, body positioning, off-beat actions, audience interaction and patter effectiveness, pacing, etc. Actually the 3 vanishes are the easiest part of the effect...It's all the rest I mention here, pulling it all together that's what makes it so very beautiful an effect. So basically, it's just 3 vanishes of 3 coins...But potentially, it's a wonderfully unique presentation. So, work on it, take it slow and you'll love it always, and so will anyone you show it too.

Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
What impressed me about this routine was the incredible "magicallity" it seems to have with both laypeople and magicians. I believe this routine is brilliant.

I've had the DVD for four days now, and though I can execute each phase, I cannot do so without thinking (and the last vanish technique was new to me, so I have to get comfortable with it). This will take practice, practice, and then some more practice.

What I also appreciate about the instructions (besides the detailed breakdown of the phases) is the psychological reasoning behind the "why" of the technique, body movements, attention, and patter. It is the combination of all those things executed flawlessly that make the routine so powerful to spectators and magicians and, in my opinion, elevates it above other sleight-laden flashy routines (as impressive as those routines can be).

Justin Miller obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into this routine, which is one of his signature effects.

Douglas M.
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
I like the effect. Welcome to the Café!
Mike
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
Quote:
On 2006-12-12 22:15, Mb217 wrote:
Brady, you're kiddin' right???? Try it again, and go back through the pages...There's plenty on "Silver Dream." In the meantime, here's a link to start you off right. Even the inventor of the trick, Justin Miller is in the string. Let your magical journey with this, start here and now...and may it never stop. Smile -MB

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3

Actually, he must have searched "silverdream" instead of "silver dream", judging by the way he spelled the effect in this thread. Just a grammar error, I'm sure he did search.

Nick
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Silver Dream is an AMAZING piece of coin magic by Justin Miller. The first time I watched the demo, it 'stunned' me. VERY visual; excellent teaching by Justin on his DVD, but it will take some serious practice, to make it look as smooth as Justin. At least for me it has. But, well worth the practice. If you like Impromptu Coin Magic, get it today. Highly recommended!

BEST....smitty
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Thank you all for the amazing comments for Silver Dream.
I knew that when I decided to release this it would either end up in someone's "magic drawer" or in their arsenal..I am so thankful it has ended up in the latter for the majority of the community.
Justin N. Miller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dream? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL