The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

Profile of Cody J.H. Pace
As always we are in for a treat. Roth always provides instructions that are so clear and easy to understand. I am just waiting for everyone else to get their copies so we can all start the discussions in the Outlaw Forums. I especially would like to hear the ideas those who have Larry Becker's Reflecta-Thot.

I am going to have to get more pockets to carry all my Outlaw weapons in!

Cody
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Can't wait to get mine!

~crosses fingers and hopes santa can find Roth's shop~
xxx
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
These should be hitting mailboxs now. I've recieved some great feedback from a few people that "tested" the effects and I'm looking forward to the reviews!

This is the coolest methodology. Very easy to do.

Thanks guys!

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

I received the finalized instructions the other day and had a chance to check out the "REFLECTIONS" forums and it only gets better and better. Reflections is so perfect for me. As most know I am a Huge "HOMICIDE, PAWNSHOP & SINISTER" fan and those have their time and their place for me. With "REFLECTIONS" I will be able to whip this out at anytime without needing to create the right atmosphere.

You will be able to give three amazing revelations with this new book.
- First: Emotion Transfer Test (
- Second: Image Transfer Test (Rhine Symbols)
- Third: Memory Transfer Test with no words spoken. This is a version of Kiouku.

The back story on this book is great and you will have no problem introducing it to your spectators. It is a test book for E.S.P. so it makes sense to give the test to others and it looks so authentic.

Be sure to check out the forums because Roth already has six great threads started for Reflections and all are informative.

Another winner from the Roth Man! Two Thumbs way up!

Cody
O.P.V.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2070 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Didn't think Roth could top himself with the rest of the Outlaw line. He has. As well-crafted and authentic-looking as all of Rick's other books (a given), the scope of what is possible with this book is staggering. It reaches FAR beyond what can be accomplished with other "pocket ESP" books and effects. Every step of your presentation, or "testing", seems so incredibly fair, it will appear to even the most skeptical that there is no way you could have managed to read their thoughts through mere trickery. To beat a dead cliche, "if there was such a thing as real mind reading, THIS is what it would look like". There are bound to be scores of posts on the Outlaw forum concerning ways to combine "Reflections" with ESP cards, the Sanctum card, the Outlaw wallet, PW, and pre-written predictions which will take "Reflections" to yet ANOTHER level of impossibility- making the "tests" even MORE inexplicable and powerful. I believe that "Reflections" will become the pocket equivalent of MOAB, a benchmark in thought-reading, an unparalled weapon for the mentalist, at a ridiculously reasonable price.

Gabelson
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Solara Velossa is making a Reflections journal and writing a page on each memory and feeling. She expects to finish in 2008 she says.

Thanks again, Rick, for such a versatile product. It's examinablity is superlative and its combinations devious.

HDXFXMAS! and don't forget kindly but cheeky Puppet Master T in appropriate Yuletide Greetings!!!

Isso and Isnot Liwok
Ministers of Information for Tony
Foreign Correspondents, Zoo & Logical Times
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2006-12-23 13:02, gabelson wrote:
Didn't think Roth could top himself with the rest of the Outlaw line. He has. As well-crafted and authentic-looking as all of Rick's other books (a given), the scope of what is possible with this book is staggering. It reaches FAR beyond what can be accomplished with other "pocket ESP" books and effects. Every step of your presentation, or "testing", seems so incredibly fair, it will appear to even the most skeptical that there is no way you could have managed to read their thoughts through mere trickery. To beat a dead cliche, "if there was such a thing as real mind reading, THIS is what it would look like". There are bound to be scores of posts on the Outlaw forum concerning ways to combine "Reflections" with ESP cards, the Sanctum card, the Outlaw wallet, PW, and pre-written predictions which will take "Reflections" to yet ANOTHER level of impossibility- making the "tests" even MORE inexplicable and powerful. I believe that "Reflections" will become the pocket equivalent of MOAB, a benchmark in thought-reading, an unparalled weapon for the mentalist, at a ridiculously reasonable price.

Gabelson

Just received Reflections as well a few minutes ago. And, my first impressions ?
Exactly what Gabe just said.

Thank You Santa, (er, Rick) Smile

Merry Christmas

John
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I was lucky enough to get this for Christmas and it's nothing short of wonderful!

It's easy to learn and as one would expect from Outlaw, it's got a great look and I think it's very convincing.

This is a bit of a departure from what we've gotten from Outlaw in the recent past. It's more mainstream which is a great thing. As much as I have enjoyed Homicide, Manhattanville, Sinister etc. I will be using this even more. Sometimes certain audiences and performance situations just didn't lend themselves to the "dark side"... I don't see why this couldn't play to all groups and situations.

The ease of the whole thing is a huge attraction for me. Plus Outlaw has stayed true to the idea of delivering a lot of information to the spectator without ANY fishing etc. It's hard to believe there's a system that can allow you to be so far ahead....

Hats off to Outlaw for hitting a home run with "Reflections".

Best,
Bk
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-12-26 12:56, bobbyk wrote:
I was lucky enough to get this for Christmas and it's nothing short of wonderful!

It's easy to learn and as one would expect from Outlaw, it's got a great look and I think it's very convincing.

This is a bit of a departure from what we've gotten from Outlaw in the recent past. It's more mainstream which is a great thing. As much as I have enjoyed Homicide, Manhattanville, Sinister etc. I will be using this even more. Sometimes certain audiences and performance situations just didn't lend themselves to the "dark side"... I don't see why this couldn't play to all groups and situations.

The ease of the whole thing is a huge attraction for me. Plus Outlaw has stayed true to the idea of delivering a lot of information to the spectator without ANY fishing etc. It's hard to believe there's a system that can allow you to be so far ahead....

Hats off to Outlaw for hitting a home run with "Reflections".

Best,
Bk

Thanks guys! Be sure and log onto the Reflections forum!

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Forum and against 'em is the outlaw creed! Friend, Roth, the cute little critter reflection jest arrived at my front door! Thank you so much, pard. And thanks to Mr. Becker.

Back to the Solara Velossa Spell for Tony! Thank you for your graciousness, Rick.

Lucia Von Franz
Spokesperson for the Lydias 13-20.

inner being worker
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

I just got the new pocket version yesterday and now I am set! I performed reflections nearly 10 times over the Christmas holidays. It is so devious and powerful. The other amazing thing is the ease. I was able to have it down pat within 15 minutes. It helps if you are already familiar with The Roth Man's effects but this really is that easy. If you want a great ESP test than look no further.

Cody
O.P.V.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Can't sleep; the Holidays always seem to stress me out a bit; resulting in restlessness. . . not many zzzzzzzz's coming through . . . but I did order Reflections, so being up so late can't be that bad, right?

To spending money at midnight!
j.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I really want to see one of these many books in real life.

I am worried that the quality will be similar to that of the sanctum card? even people here were raving about it and I was overly dissapointed.

Roth, you never did get back to me about a nicer version.

Anyone here go to the magic circle often have one?

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 08:35, Steve Dela wrote:

I am worried that the quality will be similar to that of the sanctum card? even people here were raving about it and I was overly disappointed.

Steve Dela

Steve, I don't think you will find anything to be disappointed in when it comes to the quality and realistic look of the books in the outlaw series. I am sure if you look at the reviews you may find one from someone you trust and you should talk with them about it. They really are nice.

I have each one... including both versions of the latest, "reflections". The Pocket version is my favorite as I exclusively perform close-up.

Best,
Bobby
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:

I am worried that the quality will be similar to that of the sanctum card? even people here were raving about it and I was overly dissapointed.

Steve Dela

I find your post both surprizing and insulting. I'm surprized that someone that has been a performer and a designer of effects himself would try to make a valid public analogy of the quality of my book series by comparing a laminated card to them!

I'm dismayed that Mr. Dela finds the need to publicly question the integrity of every buyer of my book series that thinks the quality of my books are great, because he didn't like quality of the Sanctum card.

"I want to see one of these books in real life". Then buy one! They aren't going to magically appear in front of you.
Don't come on here and knock the possible quality of my products based on a laminated card that may have come apart.

And please don't insinuate that the buyers that "Rave" about the quality of my book series don't know what they are talking about based on "your" experience with a laminated Sanctum card that is a givaway with every Outlaw wallet.

The fact is Mr. Dela, more than 75% of my buyers are repeat buyers. So you don't need to worry about the quality of my books because the people that actually buy them are quite happy.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
In our humble estimation Rick's work is that of an artist in his prime. We know who we will be turning to to complete the FOABT.

L.

inner being worker
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
One of my partners Timmy O'Brien of http://www.Whateverunique.com looked at the Sinister Book and was impressed.
(I am pretty sure that if he was contracted to make one for some one he would probably charge you a couple hundred to do the job. So it is a real deal I think).

If it did not look real and work well I would not go near the thing or even write of it.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:

Steve Dela

You posted a positive review of Kennedy's booktest, whereas everyone else that bought that booktest was very dissapointed by the flaws found in that product. So it is just a matter of different opinions.

I am impressed by the attention to detail that goes into the Outlaw books. The pocket version of Reflections is my favorite.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:

Steve Dela

If there is any kind of a problem with Outlaw Effects, Rick is there to ammend the situation. There is no need to go onto this thread and make statements like these. Private message him.
Rick and his products do not warrant disdain from anyone. Please show some courtesy to someone who has given nothing but integrity to every customer from the beginning.
It would at least show some maturity.

And try buying the books, (in reality) you wouldn't be disappointed.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I purchased Homicide when it came out, (Steve and all), and I can say that it looks and feels terrific. It seems like Reflections was a given. Kioku is in the book? Sign me up.

$30.00 is not a very big risk, and given Outlaw's track record and Roth's superior customer service, attention to detail, fantastic reviews and more; yeah, I can shell out 30. I have paid 10 times as much for routines that really were crap, and I do not see this being one of them; but I'll let you know;)

Kind regards,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL