The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I posted a brainstorm on the Reflections forum. Might not suit everyone's style, but I'm thinking 'preshow'... I'm thinking 'miracle'.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Steve, I wanted to see one too, that's why I sent my money in and got one.
You got to pay to play.

I spent a lot more than $30 on a POS remake of an old card trick because of the hype so I understand where you're coming from, but buying this would be a good Decision.

Tony
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
In fact, we should change its name to "Decisions";)

To a massive hang-over;
j.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just recieved this yesterday and while I have not had time to take it to the streets yet, it is really diabolical.

You get a small green notebook with bound with hard plastic binders. Very durable.
The pages are drilled and have screws binding them. No pages will fall out.

This is different from Homicide and the others because it is not aged.

Inside are over 500 phrases that are linked to different emotions.
You can perform three different tests with this book.

I have only had the book for one day, but I came up with a memory peg for the system used to find the spectators thoughts.

I sent it to Rick and he will include it in the new instructions.

I posted the memory pegs on the Outlaw forum in the Reflections section.

This book and all the Outlaw products make mindreading so easy.

My only problem is choosing which one to use.

"Hey, look at this cool police notebook I bought on Ebay, and I also happen to have this psychological testing notebook I'd like you to look at while you are writing a thought on my business card, I'll just slam my hand down on this spike and read your mind while channeling murder victims."

What a great show.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I had my first chance to perform this last night at a news years get together.... People were knocked out. I actually had to do it again later due to a couple who wanted to participate. This is a blast to perform due to it's ease. You can concentrate on the presentation. I especially enjoy the "image Transfer".

Thanks Rick for again giving us a pocket version... it takes very little room in the ole sport jacket. Even though it's a pocket version, it's very easy for the spec to read, even with a couple cocktails in them Smile Onlookers could even read along over the shoulder. It's really a nice piece of work!

Happy New year!
Bk
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I have a question about "Reflections." First, I don't do much mentalism, so the persona of the mentalist is not a natural one for me. That's ultimately why I didn't pick up "Homicide." As clever and great as that product seemed, I did realize that it's fairly dependent on the performer's ability to tell a tale and to embellish upon what can actually be revealed to the spectator. And, for me, that just wouldn't work.

So, would "Reflections" be more up my alley? I'm looking for a clever prop that has a more astonishing ability to score a "direct hit" in terms of the spectator's selection and one that won't require as much embellishing and storytelling. Is "Reflections" different than "Homicide" in this regard?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Yes and Yes Smile

Reflections gives you three direct hits, no embellishment needed.

I just recieved the pocket sized version and it is well-made and incorporates a small change (that Rick recommended doing by hand in the larger version)that makes things easier. It also seems simpler to physically (and psychically) handle.

I suspect this will fit your needs quite well.

Good Thoughts,

Bill
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Bug jack,

I agree with Bill's assessment. I did this at a New Years Eve Party... not really the kind of event where I would necessarily do the other outlaw book tests.

This is much more mainstream. It doesn't require the storytelling you are concerned with and is VERY direct. They think it and you deliver it. Talk about a direct hit!!!

Rick, is very accessible and if you PM with any specific questions I am sure he will do his best to get back to you quickly.

I really recommend this if you like the idea of incorporating this kind of effect into your routine.

Best,
Bobby
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks, guys -- and I don't know why I seem to have double-posted.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Bugjack,

Your second post is simply a reflection of the first.

Keep in mind that there are more ideas at the Outlaw forums.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I think we need to look at how easy it is to lose people respect when posting on this forum...

wow...
xxx
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Oh...

by the way...

maybe everyone should give this post a few moments of their time, and post here with your comments...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......15&7

This infighting is starting to get tired. It is a waste of EVERYONE'S time...
xxx
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-01-02 12:15, Jeff Richards wrote:
Oh...

by the way...

maybe everyone should give this post a few moments of their time, and post here with your comments...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......15&7

This infighting is starting to get tired. It is a waste of EVERYONE'S time...

Not sure what that has to do with this thread Jeff, but there are some great reviews right here!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Quote:
On 2006-12-30 13:56, Roth wrote:
I find your post both surprizing and insulting. I'm surprized that someone that has been a performer and a designer of effects himself would try to make a valid public analogy of the quality of my book series by comparing a laminated card to them!

I'm dismayed that Mr. Dela finds the need to publicly question the integrity of every buyer of my book series that thinks the quality of my books are great, because he didn't like quality of the Sanctum card.

"I want to see one of these books in real life". Then buy one! They aren't going to magically appear in front of you.
Don't come on here and knock the possible quality of my products based on a laminated card that may have come apart.

And please don't insinuate that the buyers that "Rave" about the quality of my book series don't know what they are talking about based on "your" experience with a laminated Sanctum card that is a givaway with every Outlaw wallet.

The fact is Mr. Dela, more than 75% of my buyers are repeat buyers. So you don't need to worry about the quality of my books because the people that actually buy them are quite happy.

Rick

Ok I appreciate the reply. You read my post wrong in favour that you could come back to tell us yet again how many happy customers you have. Roth think about your reply if you re-read it.

I realize now why I frequent this forum less and less.

Roth, Why can't I compare 2 products by the same manufacturer? seems logical to me. and I paid for my sanctum cards, they wernt 'free' and I did get in touch with you by PM. I wont repeat what you said, it wouldnt do you any favours.

Please try answering the questions people ask. Also trying to turn people against me by saying I question your buyers integrity is beyond stupid? I don't get why you felt the need to try and put words in my mouth.

I guess you can only speak here if you like a product right?

Yeah guys I know I can buy it if I want to see it. Then again I am a pro performer and not many of us buy stuff we can't see, just isn't good business sense. So no need to tell me it is my loss.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
Outlaw rocks. End of story. There is nobody else out there doing what Outlaw does. This is the true "underground" of cutting edge mentalism. Wait...forget I said that. Dela is right. Stay far away from Outlaw products! (Especially that evil Sinister book)

DM
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
First I would kindly ask my buyers not to comment further on mine and Mr. Delas posts here. I do appreciate my buyers support, but I don't want this thread to get out of hand.

Steve if you had bought one of my books and posted that you didn't like the quality of it that would have been fine with me. You have every right to express your personnel opinion and I would respect that.

What bothered me was that you completely disregarded the fact that many many buyers have stated right here on the Café that they not only like the quality of my books, but have in fact purchased additional books from me.

So in essence you have questioned the integrity of my buyers posts. Unless of course you have not read the dozens and dozens of reviews posted here on the Café, in which case I apologize.

The bottom line is if you had bought one and said you didn't like it and the quality was no good, I may have posted that I was personally disapointed you felt that way, but I would not try to defend my product, because you have every right to express an opinion about an effect you own.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
But then again everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you did not appreciate this.
Nick
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I appreciate informed opinions.

But I would not accept an argument that Windex was a poor choice for cleaning windows based on an argument that a Ziploc bag once leaked. (Windex and Ziploc are different products in the Johnson Products line.) Or refusing to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End bcause the videotape copy of the Little Mermaid stopped playing correctly after he dropped it into his bubblebath.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Quote:
On 2007-01-03 13:37, Roth wrote:
First I would kindly ask my buyers not to comment further on mine and Mr. Delas posts here. I do appreciate my buyers support, but I don't want this thread to get out of hand.

Steve if you had bought one of my books and posted that you didn't like the quality of it that would have been fine with me. You have every right to express your personnel opinion and I would respect that.

What bothered me was that you completely disregarded the fact that many many buyers have stated right here on the Café that they not only like the quality of my books, but have in fact purchased additional books from me.

So in essence you have questioned the integrity of my buyers posts. Unless of course you have not read the dozens and dozens of reviews posted here on the Café, in which case I apologize.

The bottom line is if you had bought one and said you didn't like it and the quality was no good, I may have posted that I was personally disapointed you felt that way, but I would not try to defend my product, because you have every right to express an opinion about an effect you own.

Rick

I appologise and I will buy one. I am sure I will love it and post a great review. If I don't like it I wont mention anything. As I love everyone on the Café and respect everyones opinions I am sure this is likely to be an amazing purchase which I look forward to either doing in my close up or stage shows.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
<<checks mailbox>>> Gish darn - back from holidays and it hasn't gotten here yet - as with all of OUTLAW's effects - I am using my prediction powers this will be great and without seeing it but knowing its effect potential - it will figure in my developing BELASCO HOUSE seance and QUATERMASS and the PIT tribute...

<<checks mailbox again>>> doh!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL