The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Ok I just got the pocket version in the mail toady! (happy days!) I opened the package like a little kid on xmas. I was not disappointed. As usaual Rick and the Outlaw gang has hit another one out of the park. I own a couple other of his books and of course the Outlaw Wallet and enjoyed them all. Reflections is made on the same level of care as all the others. It looks the way it should and is very deciving to the lay eye, it does not look like a prop at all. I am familiar with Ricks's style of book tests so the instructions are a snap and after one read I have a good grasp of the effect. Were Sinister is a more darker book test, reflections could be used in all ocasions. all I do is walk around mentalism and I gotta tell you this little book will be going in my jacket pocket for sure. As Bill Cushamn wrote " it gives you three dirct hits" , which will hit your spectator like a load of bricks. It is a great ESP Test. As always, Rick provides excellent customer care and is very easily reached through the Café. I will work with this over the next few days and use it at my next gig in a few days and let everyone know how it goes. If you have been on the edge about buying reflections, don't hesitate it is a winner. Keep up the good work Rick! I already can not wait for Scorpion to be released.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
What are the dimensions of the pocket version? I see that the larger version is 4.25 x 5.50 inches and I was wondering how much smaller the pocket version is.

-Matt
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Nevermind, I saw in the other thread that it is about the size of Manhattanville.

-Matt
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
It fits perfectly in a breat pocket
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
The parlour size is 4" X 5 1/4" The parlour size is printed on heavy card stock with a card stock cover.

The pocket size is 3 1/2 X 4 1/2" The pocket size is a lighter weight 20lb. lazer stock with a vinyl composite cover.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Hello all, quick story about Reflections. I got it saturday and have been studing it over the last few days. It is pretty easy if you know Kioku already, but anyway it was sitting at my desk at work and a couple coworkers were standing there talking to me. One of them picked it up and said what is this? I was a little worried at first because I like practicing with something a lot before I do it but I went ahead with the presentation and nailed all three predictions! What a great little book this is. They even leafed through the whole thing and did not see anything strange. My coworkers were speechless. Great reactions , can not wait to use this at a couple gigs over the weekend
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
This little book continues to impress. I used it at a couple walkaround gigs this weekend and it got great reactions. The spec handles the book the whole time perfect for walk around.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I've been using Reflections quite a bit as well dep. It has continued to be simple and straightforward, clean and powerful. One can really get a lot of mileage out of this piece.

Regards,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Rick, You did it again. Reflections is simply brilliant.

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Reflections continues to be a truly powerful experience for the spectators involved as well as the performer. Each time, we get the feel of something very creative and beyond the conventional "magic trick".
No matter what the person involved may be thinking, you can be sure the effect transcends the normal everyday concepts they hold of their current reality.
Of course this is due to the relaxed and natural delivery that Reflections makes possible with it's built in methodology. The potential for the applications of this are virtually unlimited.
This have been my experience, so far.

Enjoy

John
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
<<checks mailbox>>> grrrrrrrr
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
The Reflections book is all qualiy in my opinion Patient One. Great little book to have in your pocket
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
664 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Great Effects, and direct as can be.

The combination of these three pieces is greater than the sum of the individuals, since they logically build on each other.

Nice work Roth! Again!

Check out my Bank Night Style presentation on the Outlaw--effects forum.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I ordered mine a few minutes ago after reading these posts. I am very much looking forward to this.
I will post a review after I get it and do it a few times.
Arthur
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Arthur,
I predict you will be very pleased!!!

MagicJ.,
I read your bank night presentation last night. It is very good!

This is just one of the things I like most about Reflections; it can stand by itself OR involve many, many other routines. It is rare to find a piece that is so powerful and flexible "out of the box", as they say.

I performed this for a very good magician and dear friend, and he loved it as much as lay people do. His thoughts were something along the lines of, "You could work all night with that book, and little else."

Also, one may involve multiple people in the presentation, passing the book around, and receiving thoughts, emotions, and designs from each of them in turn.

In a rush? Kioku can be skipped as the closer (which is very powerful, I love the fact that it is IN the book), and the statement, emotion and design can all be revealed at will. This is good stuff.

I have used many book tests, and in my performance case now are MOAB and Reflections.

It is not very often that I find a routine as strong, direct/clear as this one is.

Let me know how it goes for the rest of ya!

Regards,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Good stuff. Smile
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I agree with Jerome. Reflections is now my go to book test. I use the pocket size at every walk around job I have now
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Just received Reflections and the Homocide trilogy from Rick.

WOW, I am most impressed. These are authentic looking mentalism props that will naturally build interest and even better, devastate with the effects! I can only humbly add my highest praise to Rick for taking the care and time he does to make each and every release a very special item. IMHO, this is the unique thing about 'Outlaw' releases, the quality is always very satisfying.

I also have the new widowmaker on order and am champing at the bit to begin using it. I have been using the 'Outlaw' for around a year now and it is my go-to 'impromptu looking stunner'. Widowmaker will simply justify the process a little more being a real, everyday wallet.

Thanks Rick and keep 'em coming!

Cheers.
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Are there any dealers carrying Reflections? I haven't seen it listed. I'd love to buy from Outlaw but they don't take credit cards and I live in one of those countries that Paypal don't service.

if you have a solution, you've got a sale!!
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 09:33, Virungan wrote:
Are there any dealers carrying Reflections? I haven't seen it listed. I'd love to buy from Outlaw but they don't take credit cards and I live in one of those countries that Paypal don't service.

if you have a solution, you've got a sale!!

You can click on the paypal button and use a credit card. Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reflections (Photos up!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL