The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Indian Sweet Vase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I have an Indian Sweet vase that is on it's last legs and I'd like to replace it. This works like a dove pan, but it is a red canister sitting on a pedestal. Anybody know of a deluxe or upgraded version of this effect or one similar to it? I use it at the end of my show by making "Magic Candy" for young kids. I guess I could always go back to using a dove pan, but the Vase seems more made for the purpose. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks--

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Flimnar - it rather depends how much you want to spend. Personally, I'd prefer a more spectacular production to finish with. I use Wolf's "Funhouse", and produce a skull surrounded by candies for the kids. Before you go ahead and replace the Sweet Vase with another similar prop, why not look around and see if there's anything a bit more exciting.
Of course, you may have a killer routine for your sweet vase, which you want to keep in the show, in which case ignore this post!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
What a coincidence! I am just about to release my Invisible Candy Jar routine made from Dollar Store materials (on my site) and I just happened to look in on this thread.

In the article, I show you how to convert a Dollar Store clear plastic canister so that you bring it out obviously empty and tell the kids you are going to pass around some candy (cookies-biscuits-whatever) now from your magic candy jar. When they tell you the jar is empty, look surprised for a moment, then smile and tell them it looks empty to THEM because they don't have magic eyes that can see invisible candy.

Unscrew the lid (or do whatever you have to do to open your canister) and hold the canister out to one of the most annoying kids in the audience who has been on your case all through the show.

"Go ahead and reach in the jar," you tell him ( I know it's a boy!). He reaches into the jar and finds nothing. "Nothing? No candy for you? I'm so sorry, you see this jar was given to me by Santa Claus himself and the jar knows if you've been naughty or nice. Let me have someone else try it."

This time you hold the jar out to someone who has been very well behaved during your show. The child reaches in and removes a piece of candy from the jar. "See? If you've been nice, the jar rewards you by offering you a piece of invisible candy!"

With that as your basic premise, you can continue to have some children find candy in the jar, while others find nothing. However, at the end, you hold the jar over an empty candy bowl and enough candy tumbles out of the jar for each person to have a piece, even those the jar deemed "naughty." There's no guarantee that the annoying hecklers will reform their ways by the end of your show, but one can always hope!

The completed article will be available in a few days, once I can get someone to photograph the construction and performance details. My crew is kind of busy this holiday season.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Indian Sweet Vase (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL