The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Getting Ice Cream Out of My Silk Streamer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Guys,

Please help. I got spots of ice cream in one of my silk streamers ( you'll never guess how, yes I did a birthday party tonight). Any suggestions on getting it out. Bob, I know you or Richard can help.

Thank You,
David
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Is this a solid color or multicolor?

If it is solid, soak it in lukewarm warm with a little mild detergent (woolite, etc.) Wash out. Rinse and iron out.

If it is mutlicolor, do not soak it but just wash it out and then iron it. Do not let it sit wet again itself or the colors could transfer off. Not knowing the silk or dyes used in yours I cannot tell what might or might transfer off.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have never had much luck in getting stains out of silk. Maybe it's because I am not sure what the stains actually were. I have had a few that got spots on them, but I don't know the source. It almost looked like oil or something. I tried washing several different ways and never could get the spots out.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Richard,

You are a lifesaver. It is multicolor.

Thank You,

David Williams
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Let me know if it works.

Regan, you might have washed out some of the dye..hence the spots. Also if it was an oil base, it gets in the fibers and is very hard to get out. You might carefully try some waterless hand cleaner as it dissolves such things. Then wash it out right away as above.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, waterless hand cleaner. One thing I didn't try, or even think of trying! Thanks Richard.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Getting Ice Cream Out of My Silk Streamer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL