The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review request: IBIDEM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
I would like to know some review about H. Lyon´s Ibidem, published by Hermetic Press in three volumes. Are their effects reprinted in other books? Is it comfortable to read? Besides card effects, I think there are other stuff, like puzzles, may you confirm it? Thanks in advance.
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
I´m searching through the forum, and I´ve only found a little topic with a link to TOC of volume 2. Anybody has this set?
Thanks again.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I have all 3 volumes, and I have sent your questions to Stephen Minch to be answered, as he is more qualified to answear them than I am.

Best
Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
Thanks for your interest, Peo, Im a "fan" of your reviews. May I know your opinion about IBIDEM?
Thanks a lot.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
My opinion about Ibidem is that its high quality material (cards foremost), and well worth purchasing (I don't think Hermetic Press have them anymore).
Here is notice I found in an issue of Genii about Ibidem:
"Ibidem ran from 1955 to 1979, during which time its editor P. Howard Lyons produced 36 issues.And those issues accumulated quite a reputation. For its long unperiodic existence Ibidiem became recognized as the best source for avant-garde card magic and the diverse curious pursuits of Lyons and his diabolically inventive crew. In the intervening years, Ibidem has gained a deserved reputation for having published material that is to this day "cutting edge."
Stephen Minch"
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
MANOS FRIAS
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
126 Posts

Profile of MANOS FRIAS
Peo, thank you very much again for your prompt opinion, I m going to consider it in my purchase decision.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review request: IBIDEM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL