The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rattling in CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I second (or third) the suggestion to put a few slivers of scotch tape in there to help the fit.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1318 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Occasionally, I use a Johnson Copper Silver Brass set with the Chinese coin and a Johnson Double Copper Silver set and have never experienced the rattling described here. Even when I perform the Ken Brooke move where the half dollar is tossed from the back of the left hand to the palm of the right hand, it is still pretty quiet. How are you guys performing this routine? Is there, perhaps, something wrong with your coin sets? The only other thing I can recommend is the Porper Poker Chip Surprise set that should solve all of those problems. This is the set that I perform with most frequently due to the size and color for visibility depending on the venue or the mood I'm in.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Watch Doc Eason's handling to avoid flashing the milled edge. His technique is also quite silent. Any talking (if at all) happens as the "two" coins are displayed and by that time it would be normal for them to make noise.

I'm not sure if he teaches it in any of his videos but you can the performance on his Rocky Mountain Magic DVD and the instruction booklet is only $15

http://www.doceasonmagicshop.com
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Rattling in CSB (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL