We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Benders Poll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
If you use a blindfold in your act, would you be so kind as to PM me with the type of blindfold you use? I need a poll sort of thing for another reason.

Many thanks.

tom
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Tom,
While I do not use a blindfold currently, I have been known to use one now and then. I have used two types, not counting duct tape and such. The first is the Elder Blindfold (good luck finding one) and the second is an el cheapo See Thru Blindfold (cost around ten US). Both worked well.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I have been playing with Osterlind's Stainless Steel Blindfold, very convincing.
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Metalbending, stainless steel blindfold... it makes sense. You could even joke about the effort it took you to get the blindfold in shape. (If you can actually create the blindfold live, you have my respect.)
“You are what you pretend to be.”
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 13:21, Malchat wrote:
Metalbending, stainless steel blindfold... it makes sense. You could even joke about the effort it took you to get the blindfold in shape. (If you can actually create the blindfold live, you have my respect.)

Hello Matthew:Do you actually use the blindfold during your Metal bending?

If so how does it enhance the bending experience for your audience.I have the Stainless Steel Blindfold,but never thought of using it in this context.

Thanks.

Rich
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Matthew:

That's funny - mentally forging a piece of steel into a blindfold for all to see (possible and realistic?). I too would be curious to know if you use a blindfold in connection with metal bending.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 14:26, PaleoMagi wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 13:21, Malchat wrote:

Hello Matthew:Do you actually use the blindfold during your Metal bending?

If so how does it enhance the bending experience for your audience.I have the Stainless Steel Blindfold,but never thought of using it in this context.

Thanks.

Rich

:blush: I am slightly embarrassed after re-reading Matthews post,and realizing he was using levity.
The idea of joking about the bent blindfold though,is good if you are using it after a utensil bending routine. Smile

Rich
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Blindfolds: 36 inch silk and mickey mouse hands sleep shade.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hmm... I never thought of using a blindfold in metal bending
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Sorry guys, I don't do any metalbending, doesn't really fit my style... I just had this neat image when I read magicuncle's suggestion. Smile
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I don't know WHY one would blindfold themselves to bend a spoon or fork. I really don't think the audience would understand it either or appreciate it any more.

Just my 2,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The blindfold part can be another part of the act, perhaps later on.
MINDPSYCHIC
View Profile
New user
THE NETHER-REGIONS OF THE HUMAN MIND
55 Posts

Profile of MINDPSYCHIC
I use Osterlinds stainless steel also. I tape my eyes shut with silver dollars underneath- and it works great. I've also found that letting the audience try it on is a real convincer. It also looks cool when your wearing it- futuristic and weird- like the robot from "the day the earth stood still." I've tried other methods- but have found this to have the most impact.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
I don't know exactly the name of my blindfold, but I can put coins, tapes, surgical tape, band covering my eyes, and on top of these I put a black hood that is tied at the bottom, so you can't see underneath.

All of this can be examined, because the gimmick is very very clever.

I love this, and I never saw anybody using this kind of blindfold here, in Brazil...

I have this for a long time, and I will continue using this in some of my acts.

Regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
What has the ability to not use your eyes got to do with bending metal?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Maybe it rules out magic rays from beaming out of your eyes. Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Ice- Nothng intrinsically. The poll has to do with both mental bending and blindfolds, but not necessarily simultaneously, just in the same act, set or gig.

There's a purpose to the madness, really there is...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Many thanks for all the responses. I have contacted each of the folks who've already responded and will be mailing out full samples of "BRAZEN: The Bender's Blindfold"

It's a new discovery (I think, anyway, having never seen one before, read references, etc) with a new methodology that has never been used in Mentalism before. I am not sure how many will actually use it, but the sightlines are exceptional, and it well may be of interest to the profession.

As a product, I think there will be comparatively little interest, simply because few people actually use blindfolds (it ain't like usieng cards) in their act.

Sooo...I am making up about 50 of them for starters, and will put up a Webpage somewhen soon for those interested.

Again, thanks for the response. I wanted each of those people who use blindfolds, who responded, to get one.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
I just want to thank Tom Jorgenson for his Brazen the Blindfold!!!!

I have the luck to receive one sample of his new Product, I will try it at my routines and make a review soon.

Thanks again Tom,

and good luck with your product,

regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1985 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I've been playing around with blindfold work recently - my wife ran me up an ungimmicked one and I've been playing with tapes and coins etc to see what works best so I'd be interested in your work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Benders Poll (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL