The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Forced Forgetting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
itsreallyquiet
View Profile
New user
Bay Area CA
19 Posts

Profile of itsreallyquiet
I'd add as well that on one of the youtube videos of brown, hes apparently making little 'hypnotic passes' or whatever in front of peoples faces on the subway, making them forget their stops. highly likely stooges or dual reality or something is happening but just to make it interesting on the footage I saw he shows himself sitting next to a guy and making the passes, trying to make him forget and it simply doesn't work on the guy, brown cracks a smile and says something to the effect of 'well o.k. then.' and that's that. so if stooges are at play hes adding in failures just to make the whole thing a little more believable to the t.v. audience.
pretty clever either way.
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
Remember "MOMMY AND I ARE ONE?" it was an experiment by Lloyd Silverman in the 60's - 80's to test the effects of "Oedipal strivings" or anal wishes on stuttering...

Also the ads HUNGRY? EAT POPCORN vs. DRINK COKE... where the EAT POPCORN ads increased popcorn sales more than coke... Because the Hungry? - creates a motivational equation... if you bombard people with an imperative subliminal, reactance or "rebellion" is more likely to occur... Though I'm not sure your subconscious can feel reactance at all...

Yes, there is much debate as to the efficiency of subliminal persuasion as one user has said - but that's not to say there isn't literature in psychology to give it credence...

I don't care if Derren uses stooges I like his "Hitchockian/Bernard Hermann" opening to the show so even if his routines are bullcrap who cares... its TV.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Forced Forgetting (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL