The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Rising Card Broken... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
Okay... I'm meant to be performing in about an hour...and my rising deck is broken.

Sure, I have plenty of other tricks, but I promised I'd show this one. The tab has come off the string...and I've tried wax, more tape, etc...but each time I do it and pull the card out, the tab comes off again...

Please help! Suggestions of how to fix it properly!?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Wax or tape will allow you to do at least ONE card without any problem. Make the rising card your finale. Reveal the others by having a dupe in an envelope, a written prediction, etc., and have the last one rise out of the deck.

Have fun!

Julie
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
Thanks, yeah... That was my plan...

But I get requests every day at school to do it. And having to reset it every time will become unbearable...

And my dad won't let me get a new one... Apparently I've spent too much on magic supplies!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Sounds like it's time for you to learn one of the many non-gaffed versions of this effect. What books do you have access to?
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Make two tabs.
Cut/punch a hole in one of them.
Place a bit of wax paper under the line to protect from glue squeeze out.
Put solid tab under line.
Dot with superglue or 5 minute epoxy.
Top with 'hole' tab.
Let it dry.
Remove the wax paper.
Fill hole with wax.

Alternate: Make a pin style tab and upgrade.
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
Mkiger - thanks. I'll try it tomorrow!

Magiguy... Unfortunately, just Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment. I'm skint.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hmmm... well, I know it's not quite the same, but check out "Invisible Rising Card" on page 207 of volume 1 (it does require an Invisible Deck though). On a side note... there's enough incredible magic in AoA to make most people forget all about the rising card trick. Just my humble opinion...

Best of luck!
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Paul Harris is great! I still use Joker Poker from waaay long ago.
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 19:34, Magiguy wrote:
Hmmm... well, I know it's not quite the same, but check out "Invisible Rising Card" on page 207 of volume 1 (it does require an Invisible Deck though). On a side note... there's enough incredible magic in AoA to make most people forget all about the rising card trick. Just my humble opinion...

Best of luck!

Awesome. I do have an Invisible Deck...but it's getting worn. I'll take a peek. And yes, I agree, there is a lot of awesome stuff in there!
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
I just looked.... It's the 'invisible' card that rises...so nothing actually does rise. The trick is basically a way to perform the Invisible Deck without the gimmick!
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Smiffy,
Who made your rising card deck? If it is one that we made here at Martini's Magic, it would have a lifetime warranty on the rising unit. All you would need do is return the rising unit (not the full deck) to us with three stamps for return postage, and we will send you out a brand new unit. That has been our warranty since we started making them in 1971. (Note: we only repair ours, not other makers units.) So if it is one of ours, please do take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
All the Best,
Marty
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
Thanks! But, unfortunately, I bought it from Ellusionist.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Depends on the maker of the particular deck, most will repair for FREE.

Steve
Smiffy
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Smiffy
It was Murphy's Magic...who is a wholesaler. I'll just go with the self-repair option!
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
I said it before, "The Martini Rising Card deck is the one of the better decks available." How can you miss when the manufacturer gives you a 100% guarantee?

Regards,

Paul Green
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Rising Card Broken... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL