The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs ‘tasty’ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs ‘tasty’
Wisconsin hunter bags odd beast with pickup in driveway, eats it

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16210496/
http://www.startribune.com/531/story/874331.html

FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Rick Lisko hunts deer with a bow but got his most unusual one driving his truck down his mile-long driveway. The young buck had nub antlers — and seven legs. Lisko said it also had both male and female reproductive organs. "It was definitely a freak of nature," Lisko said. "I guess it's a real rarity.”

He said he slowed down as the buck and two does ran across the driveway Nov. 22, but the buck ran under the truck and got hit.

When he looked at the animal, he noticed three- to four-inch appendages growing from the rear legs. Later, he found a smaller appendage growing from one of the front legs.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

"It's a pretty weird deer," he said, describing the extra legs as resembling "crab pinchers."

"It kind of gives you the creeps when you look at it," he said, but he thought he saw the appendages moving, as if they were functional, before the deer was hit.

Warden Doug Bilgo of the state Department of Natural Resources came to Lisko's property near Mud Lake in the town of Osceola to tag the deer.

"I have never seen anything like that in all the years that I've been working as a game warden and being a hunter myself," Bilgo said. "It wasn't anything grotesque or ugly or anything. It was just unusual that it would have those little appendages growing out like that."

Bilgo took photos and sent information on the animal to DNR wildlife managers.

John Hoffman of Eden Meat Market skinned the deer for Lisko, who wasn't going to waste the venison from the animal.

"And by the way, I did eat it," Lisko said. "It was tasty."
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yeah, this one hurt. LOL.

Always great when someone like this clown represents your state! I can believe he ate that freak of nature.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
GOD #%&@IT YOU STUPID MOTHER#^(%&* ...
(the nerve of some people.)

I would have bought it from him...

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Brett,

This thing was really nothing. I've seen MUCH crazier deer. Deer with 5,6 full sized working legs. Legs coming out of their backs. Really screwed up heads and racks. Much crazier than this thing.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
That's always a redneck's reaction to seeing anything dead: "Them's good eatin'!"
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
BUT...it was a hermaphrodite.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Mmmm hermaphrodite... Deer tasy enough for a man, but made for a woman...

I have no idea what that means...

Lyndel
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
So since he ate it, does that mean he will get just as much radiation poisoning as the deer had? Cool, then he would grow two beards!!
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have a hunch someone is pulling someones leg.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I think maybe they're pulling legs and 'three- to four-inch appendages'
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
More likely that this deer was the result of a twin pregnancy. One twin absorbed the cells of the other early in the process. This could have gone into Ripley's. Hopefully they at least saved and taxidermied the skin for posterity.

This reminds me of an old Northern Exposure episode where Joel, the doctor, found the remains of a wooly mammoth and another native of the town dug it up and used the meat to make steaks. YIKES!!!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Why waste the meat ? Venison is very tasty...I would have eaten it ..... why not ....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hermaphroditic deer with seven legs ‘tasty’ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL