The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I learn a muscle pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Er, using the move is not the same as Pioneering. If you want the pioneers, you want Cornelius and Elsmley.

Take care, Ian
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-12-17 18:56, Sleightly_Dangerous wrote:
I don't mean to sound crass...but why bust your A** and you hand. For a move that is so limited in it uses?

lol. yeah right. mp is extremely limited haha. that's a good one. o love this move and you can do ALOT with it.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
IMHO, 3 ft is enough of a length,.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1515 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
In most routines that I know of, you only need to muscle pass horizontally, not vertically, which is much easier because you don't have gravity working against you. And in the cases that you need to MP vertically, usually it is only a few inches into a glass or something, unless you are doing the coin that falls up!
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Quote:
On 2006-12-17 23:30, mikeyjmagic wrote:
RJ,
That sounds like a cool move. Where did you learn it? Do you have any uses for it yet?

Milton Kort showed it to me in Nov of 1994. No there is no use other than Milton's use, which something he did for the kids in his drug store years ago. He was able to do it out of both hands and I think he did it just because he could. If anyone here from Detroit knows, there was a magic club that met at a resturant in Pontiac each week. I can't remember the name of the club but the resturant(I want to say it was a Cask-n-Cleaver or Steak-n-Ale) was right near the Dome. I was in Detroit the winters of 94-95 and 95-96 and staying with family in Royal Oak. There was also a very nice magic shop called "The Wonderground" I am not sure if it is still there. It was right on Main St in DT Royal Oak. And in 95 they were building a small theater the was attached to the shop.I meet some really great magicicans and I never got to thank them for introduceing me to Milton Kort, A man who taught me more about Life & Magic and how important finding a meeting point really is. I only got spend a few days each of those years with Mr Kort and if there is a true "inner circle" you can bet Milton Kort is sitting at that table...And as a tribute to Mr Kort I open my card act with "Kortially Yours" (P.7 Kort is now in Session, 1962 Ireland Magic Company)

If anyone here is from the Detroit area and was involved in magic back in 94-96 or knows if the Wonderground magic shop is still in business please PM I would like to find out the name of the magic club where I was introudeced to Milton Kort. I was performing holiday parties for Ford, Chrystler, & Johnson Reacearch. I was there Nov 10th thru Dec 22 in 1994 and Nov 12th Thru Jan 8th 95/96. I lost some of my contacts numbers and would really like to see if there was anyone who remember those days. So please PM me if you know.

Later & Out
RJ
Batty
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Batty
Top be honest, I know the muscle pass, and only know "The Coin that Falls Up" and it gets great reactions. I think it was worth learning just for that.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
On on Ammar's Classic Renditions Vol 1 John Cornelius offers great tips and appplication beyond 'falling up.'
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
By the way, Justin Miller also teaches tis move in his Silver Dream dvd as a vanish of a coin.

In addition to the sources mentioned, I believe Ian Kendall teaches this too in one of his videos.

I saw a performance of Tom Stone here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDriiutF4k ). Great work on the muscle pass.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Wunderground
View Profile
New user
Clawson, MI
13 Posts

Profile of Wunderground
Quote:

If anyone here is from the Detroit area and was involved in magic back in 94-96 or knows if the Wonderground magic shop is still in business please PM I would like to find out the name of the magic club where I was introudeced to Milton Kort.

Wunderground Magic has been serving up miracles from the Motor City since 1971. We've moved around a bit, but we're still in business and in the same area as we were back in '94.
Share the Wunder not the secret - Wunderground Magic
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
726 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
You can do my Drop'N coin-thru-table using a quarter as well. In case you haven't seen it here is the link. It's the first trick on the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcCY1A88qk
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Jay Nobelazada has a great DVD for the muscle pass. Guarantees you will be doing it in 2 weeks ( I believe)
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
David Kong's DVD would be a nice start. Not only does it cover the MP, but also other uses for it. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Shoot Ogawa has a good DVD out on the muscle pass, one of the best.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4940 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2012-12-28 01:43, jedoonatmagic wrote:
David Kong's DVD would be a nice start. Not only does it cover the MP, but also other uses for it. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

And I just happen to have it for sale cheap - PM me
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
I found it quite easy to learn just from watching others do it, thought it will take a lot of dedication?
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where can I learn a muscle pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL