The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo Cups No longer available? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I went over to penguin, thinking to maybe take the plunge on a set of Gazzo cups. They are no longer there. Are they no longer on the market? I googled Gary Animal, but couldn't find him.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
There is something in the works now. However, I can't say what, and I can't say why.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Penguin hasn't yet (if ever) carried his cups. I'd wait to see if what Jim's not saying comes to pass. In the mean time, keep looking on eBay. They turn up there from time to time.

If you want a set of the "Babe" cups. (same style, but baseball load size) there is a set for sale on the Scoundrels Forum for only $200
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
If I may offer an unsolicited recommendation ...
A few years ago I tracked down a set of Pete Biro's Gali-Gali cups and am very, very satisfied. They're not made anymore and I don't know what the "going rate" is for a set, but if you're looking for a set of cups, these deserve your consideration.

Best,

DD
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

Indeed, if you can find them and I'm not parting with mine, the Biro Gali-Gali cups are well worth the investment. Take a huge, Gazzo-size load, handle well, great finish, and a dream to work with. However, there is a but, it all depends on where you will be using them. I would no more take them on the streets than I would work in a Speedo! You don't want to whack them or drop them more than a few times. They're great, beautiful cups, and I keep mine polished, for indoor use. For workers, I'd keep my eyes open for a set of Animal or Scoundrel Gazzos, or Animal Animals or Babes, depending on your loads. You can beat the tar out of them, drop them a few time more, and they get just that much more character.

That's my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses

PS...If something big's coming down the pike, JW, maybe you could tell us, in round figures, what one might want to have handy in the bank ... in the future ... should something be coming ... jz
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
There have been a few cryptic posts here and there that suggest something is coming in terms of Gazzo cups. Gary Animal sold his supply and moved to New Zealand. However, he also has posted a couple of cryptic comments suggesting he may get back into making cups of some kind.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 17:18, MagiUlysses wrote:
Greetings and Salutations,

Indeed, if you can find them and I'm not parting with mine, the Biro Gali-Gali cups are well worth the investment. Take a huge, Gazzo-size load, handle well, great finish, and a dream to work with. However, there is a but, it all depends on where you will be using them. I would no more take them on the streets than I would work in a Speedo! You don't want to whack them or drop them more than a few times. They're great, beautiful cups, and I keep mine polished, for indoor use. For workers, I'd keep my eyes open for a set of Animal or Scoundrel Gazzos, or Animal Animals or Babes, depending on your loads. You can beat the tar out of them, drop them a few time more, and they get just that much more character.

That's my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Your 2 cents are worth considering. I have a set of Miller cups I bought from Magic Inc (for just $45 -- those were the days) and they are tanks compared to the Gali cups. But I've used my Gali cups for 100+ shows at festivals and have found them to be plenty tough enough for the gig and the constanting rapping of an ironwood wand. But festivals aren't the street, so you might want to go with a tougher cup if that's your venue.

Best,

DD
trombley
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of trombley
Anybody tried the RNT II SBL street cups?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I would guess that the Gazzo cups will be made by someone other than Gary Animal. Gary has plans for other cups, eventually... I hope.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
When all the planets come into alignment a new line of Gazzo cups will be available, most likely shortly after the New Year.

Ok, if you decrypt this message.

Planets = Players Involved
Alignment = Players have a contractual agreement in place
New Year = 2007

An improvement was made, but has to be removed, because some Bozo (not decrypting that one lol) thought it was a flaw when in actuality it was done for a reason. DOH!

Ok, Ok Bozo = Jake

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2006-12-19 17:47, Mad Jake wrote:
Ok, if you decrypt this message.

Planets = Players Involved
Alignment = Players have a contractual agreement in place
New Year = 2007

All I can say is, "There is something in the works now. However, I can't say what, and I can't say why."
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Okay. Here's the scoop. Penguin never had any Gazzo Cups for sale. Magicpitch.com had them for a while. But Gary Animal was the maker of these cups. Most of the Gazzo/Gary Animal cups in the Museum came from Gary. Some came from a fellow who had purchased a bunch of them. One set came from Reed McClintock.

They never were really easy to find.

If you need a good set of street cups, the SBL street cups are excellent. So are Jim Riser's street cups.

I've heard some rumors that someone may be producing something somewhere somehow. That will be nice.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Smile
:jump:
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Jake,

Have you settled on a price for the Gazzo cups and will you be accepting advance payments? That is if everything comes together.
...the magic that creates Memories!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Everything is coming together nicely and as hoped. I really can't comment on anything else but that right now. I had hoped to get down to see Gazzo before the holidays, but my schedule has been tight so it will be shortly there after.

Everything hinges on Gazzo's decision. But I'm sure he'll be happy with what I put in his hands. <no one liners please, thanks.> lol.

I'm or more the company is in a very delicate position with this project and it's almost like walking on rice paper, each step has to be planned and focus kept on the final objective which is a quality cup that Gazzo will be proud to call his own again.

Happy Holidays to all! Be safe and God bless the world.

Jake
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Quote:
On 2006-12-22 22:53, Mad Jake wrote:
Everything is coming together nicely and as hoped. I really can't comment on anything else but that right now. I had hoped to get down to see Gazzo before the holidays, but my schedule has been tight so it will be shortly there after.

Everything hinges on Gazzo's decision. But I'm sure he'll be happy with what I put in his hands. <no one liners please, thanks.> lol.

I'm or more the company is in a very delicate position with this project and it's almost like walking on rice paper, each step has to be planned and focus kept on the final objective which is a quality cup that Gazzo will be proud to call his own again.

Happy Holidays to all! Be safe and God bless the world.

Jake

Oh the H*ll with that crap man! Are you gonna make Gazzo cups or what!!??? Smile

If so I hope they will not be over priced...*fingers crossed*...I'll spend $300 no more...????

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Johnny,
the original Gazzo's sold for 325.00 plus shipping. So if Gazzo sets the price at that, then you can take that up with him. RNT II will NOT be setting the price on these, and quite frankly most likely they will not be sold through us. Those who know Gazzo's arrangements know what I'm talking about when I say I can't speak openly about some things.

Jake
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Top Secret stuff...makes me even more curious, hehe!

Hope everything works out with this! Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
HELLO Gary Animal himself says
I have quite a few cups with me in NZ. Gazzos mainly and a few each of the other designs. My email is garyanimal@hotmail.com. I will set up a nz ebay account soon and sell a few. I will still make gazzos but will call them something else in future.
I plan to restart a limited run of cups oneday soon, including the all new Kiwi cup .
I have a few sets of Gazzos in brass -very rare, as I only made 4 or 5 of them. (If that).
I'm trying to think of a name for my new web bizz. Not magicpitch but maybe magicpitch2 or magicditch or gary animal cups or Easystreet.com or cuthbert or cupsulike or lovebuckets.
f**k me New Zealand is so dull.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo Cups No longer available? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL