The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Using Magic To Meet Females » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Maritess
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Maritess
I agree with jdclarkson, the idea of a trick being gender specific is antiquated. This sort of thinking belongs in Tarbell and all the books published in the fifties, including blanket statements such as "get your wife or girlfriend to sew you a devil's handkerchief"

I'm much more impressed with guys with social skills, good grooming, and not trying too hard.

xoxo Marites
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
To say that tricks aren't gender specific is not comparable to women's rights in the 50's. It's nothing to do with women's social standings, just a simple fact that men and women are different so we sometimes like different things. Nothing to burn your bra about.
Hmm I was doing well until the last bit.

I don't see there is anything wrong with using a trick to get to know a lady. It's a bit like a 10 tonne polar bear ...breaks the ice).
Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you're trying to meet women, avoid the lewd stuff. It will only brand you as someone she isn't safe being around. For best results, take it slow!
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Hundy 500 Greg speaks to gorgeous woman especially bird from Hollywood...
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you've seen Wilson operate, he could probably manage a freebie in Reno. Women love to laugh!
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I think a little non-magic wisdom is required here.

Most women want to spend time getting to know an acquaintance before they'll agree to date. So don't just do a magic routine right off the bat! That does produce an aura of mystery (depending on if the routine is done correctly) but there isn't much else to help the connection. Introduce yourself first. Help her feel relaxed and comfortable around you. Get to know who she is and let her do the same with you. Turn what was once a boring evening into a good time. Then, at a point you feel is right, simply do the effect. Amaze her and after a few effects move on to something else. If she feels after all that you're someone she'd like to date, she'll ask. Smile
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
My experience, as well as the experience of many of my friends is that the guy must ask the the woman out. If a guy waits for women to ask him out, he'll just frustrate himself.

Also, a guy will pass-up too many opportunities if he has to spend a great deal of time with a woman, before asking her out. Besides, the first date shouldn't be a major event, just a chance to get aquainted. The second date is a major event, on the other hand.

Just my 2 cents.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
Personally I think there's nothing like the "Baffling Bra" or the "Magic Ding Dong" to make a girl feel right at ease.

Matt
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
ROTFLMAO!!! I'll second that laughter! If I perform the Ding Dong for a lady, suffice it to say I won't be asking her out and I would know whether it was really okay to perform it. In other words, only perform it for those you know VERY WELL!
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I think it depends if you want to "Meet" a girl or if you want to "get to know her".

I met a few girls by doing magic, I admit. However, I don't think (or it would be really hard) it is easy to form a relationship with a girl after that. My advice, if you really want to get to know her, loose the cards and the coins and just be yourself. I knew my girlfriend for 7 months before she saw me perform. And it was a good decision, trust me.

Smile
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I've had this discussion with other female magicians and hopefully not going too much off the topic here. While magic may seem intriguing to some girls and may help the guys in the dating department, we seem to have different experiences. Funny, for some reason I'm always surrounded by lots of women after my show asking if I can help make their husbands disappear! (Good naturedly joking, of course.)
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Chicks dig PK stuff! I'll swear by that to my grave. And if you don't believe me, fine. That's just less competition for me. Smile

Seriously, the M5 or Pro PK is good stuff. They feel connected with you.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Ummm, did he just say "chicks" ? Grrrr! Them's fighing words! Smile
amazingboz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amazingboz
I believe in fatalism. It's not really the trick or illusionette, rather the performer that will create the "magic" of the moment.
Personally, I have used the "tree of hearts"
to break the ice. It's simple, cute and somehow hearts on the cards puts a smile on her face - go to first...

AmazingBoz aka Phil Smile
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Women love the human blockhead. I swear!
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
Hmmm, I think the magic should stay out of the way for a while, at least until they know you better. I think it is important to remember that magic is an art, the art of deception in an entertaining way. Although it produces mystery, is it really the basis of a good relationship? BUT to answer the original question, I think cards from the mouth gets a big gasp from women.
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Dear all,

Women give great reactions to tricks but never ever tip you for your art.

However men on the other hand don't often give such "orgasmic" reactions (unless your David Blaine's spectators of course) but they do tip!

Anyone else find this?

Davé
David
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Good advice Ryan. My fiance was with me for months before I ever did a trick for her. I've never used magic to meet women but I'm sure you could break the ice that way. I'm just a bit shy and don't see myself running up to a woman with a pack of cards.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
No wonder magicians tend to be such a lonely lot. Smile

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Using Magic To Meet Females » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL