The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Most Powerful Impromptu Trick You Know (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
fless
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of fless
Hi Wayne;
I'm new to magic, and want a real killer trick for a few specs, family & friends. I have good patience with training, but don't know much sleight of hand as of now... Which one out of Sinful; Stigmata and Indecent would you recommend?
Cheers;
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Profile of morgandollarman
Mr cleans coins across and gadabout coins for me and jay sankys one coin flurry from rev....
ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
Banacek's Pschy Touches is indeed fearsome. You need nothing, except 2 spectators.
Magicians who have been present when I have performed this swear it's stooges. Ha ha.
Another great impromptu is Marc Paul's Any time, Any place Any Book, book test.
All you need is to be given a book. no preparation. Flick the pages open, they look at a word. You tell them the word. It's as quick as that.
Sly and subtle.
Allen Tipton UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
leverkus
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of leverkus
Quote:
On 2007-02-17 01:35, W:H wrote:
INDECENT DVD :: Reno Outtake
Greetings!

I just posted an outtake from the INDECENT DVD on You Tube - I thought you guys might enjoy it. It ended up getting cut from the DVD because of audio problems, but the reaction was GREAT! It just keeps going... and going... and going... If you are interested, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YkF8WOYns

I'll talk to you guys soon!

W:H
Wayne Houchin
http://www.waynehouchin.com

I wouldnt say this is that impromptu, I like more stuff that is really done anywhere at anytime, because when do you carry a zip lock bag with you? I don't know anyone who deos this!! so the fact thsat you need to bring the bag with you takes the impromptu side away, i´d rather take my thimb tip with me and vanish a silk. or do a card to ceiling or bring an invisible deck.

as impromtu tricks, sinful is not bad but I like more the kind of things you do when sitting on a restaurant with someone, or at a party, or simply at school, job or walking around.

I like a lot the ring thing, great routine from gregory wilson, or coins across, and my new favourite is the old paper balls over the head from Slydini, great trick!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Just gimme a good old fashion pocket knife, a key, coins, etc. If you are a magician worth your salt, you ought to be able to perform at a moments notice.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Houchin all the way:

1. Sinful- Isn't this a Houchin, and not Angel origination?;
2. Incdecent;
3 Stigmata
football2136
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of football2136
My favorite impromptu effect is Stigmata. I also like to perform Sinful.
Hoagini
View Profile
New user
USA
34 Posts

Profile of Hoagini
I like Warp One if there's a card available. A little slight with coins is a good time. If I literally have nothing to perform with you can very quickly whip up a mentalism trick with a few items. Quarter in the sugar packet is super lame but can impress. The devil coin (more slight) ALWAYS gets 'em. I've been doing the PK silverware bending and keep getting great reactions. Crazyman handcuffs is also really great as well in the office.
jamesjay1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
5 Posts

Profile of jamesjay1
1) My sponge ball routine (SPONGE BALLS!!!)
2) Three-Phase coin vanish/reappearannce.
3) ACR.
There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Crazy Mans..
Pinnacle
Sinful
Stigmata /with Number from 10-100, uneven, no doubles...
Warp One
Kaos
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
The Phantom Safety Pin. Tarbell Vol. 3
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Coin in and out of pencap routine.
M
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Well, if Prohibition is considered "impromptu", I'd also have to include a variation of John Archer's 4-card presentation of Kolossal Killer (using equivoque and ultra-thin manipulation cards) and the index of the Stealth Assassin.
ddhoudini
View Profile
New user
Kansas City, MO
70 Posts

Profile of ddhoudini
Do you have a link to Sinful? I am embarrassed to admit I don't know it.
ddhoudini
View Profile
New user
Kansas City, MO
70 Posts

Profile of ddhoudini
Nevermind. found it on youtube. coin in soda can.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Where can I find John Archer's version of KK? Also, since the SA wallet is smaller than a poker-sized cards, do you fold your cards or use bridge size?

Thanks.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I always carry a TT - that way I'm always prepared for a bill switch, a cigarette vanish, salt up the sleeve, mustard pack vanish, water suspension or what have you. I know the thread started on the no gimmick principle, but its smaller and easier to carry than a pack of cards and lets me adapt to whatever situation I'm in so I feel like I'm always prepared to perform some sort of impromptu miricle that isn't a card trick. Don't leave home without it.
hiwese1
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of hiwese1
A bill effect and prohibition as I considered it impromtu.
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
Other than cards? Recap
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
When I think of impromptu magic...
I think of only ordinary objects, no extras, no gimmicks, no set up what soever.
And I don't consider Prohibition to be impromptu.
It can't be done without being prepared, so it doesn't count.

Crazy man handcuffs & Skinner Matches.

Skinner matches, or my version of it, is the best impromptu bar magic there is.
Pick up a book of matches.
Do a couple of passes, the penetration, throw a couple of lit ones in your mouth, make one vanish and end up back in the pack that you burned up.
Very good stuff.

Randi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Most Powerful Impromptu Trick You Know (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL