The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Most Powerful Impromptu Trick You Know (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
FreefallFool
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of FreefallFool
I'd have to second (third, fourth???) CMH. So simple but really effective!
Smile It's not how far you fall, it's how you land... Smile
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
THE CRAZY MAN'S HANDCUFFS

;)
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
The Two strongest impromptu effects I do are Recap by Gregory Wilson and an effect called Sanswitch which can be found in MAGIC Magazine in the 2001 issues (Cannot remember which one).

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
wikberget
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wikberget
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 06:06, fless wrote:
Hi Wayne;
I'm new to magic, and want a real killer trick for a few specs, family & friends. I have good patience with training, but don't know much sleight of hand as of now... Which one out of Sinful; Stigmata and Indecent would you recommend?
Cheers;

I don't have any experience with Indecent, but Sinful and Stigmata can be done without knowing any sleights of hand, just some training. They are both really good effects and on top of that really easy to perform as well.
David O
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of David O
If it counts as a trick, the boomerang rubberband gets huge reactions.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Stigmata.
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
[quote]On 2007-02-25 17:10, leverkus wrote:
Quote:
I like a lot the ring thing, great routine from gregory wilson

Ring Thing is from Garret Thomas, not Greg Wilson.
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
The Ring Thing. It's the best impromptu effect. Just a ring on your finger and you are set to go!
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Just one or two coins is enough to do some really strong magic
jonathanahirsch
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jonathanahirsch
I'm a huge fan of Gregory Wilson's Recap. It gets incredible reactions everytime I do it.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
1. Recap
2. Crazy man's handcuffs
3. Twisting Arm illusion
4. Triumph
5. Center Tear
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
Yeah Recap!
chan316
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of chan316
If its strong totally impromptu magic, its more about how you perform. The effects you'd use would depend entirely upon the situation. Someone random walks upto you and asks to see some magic. Borrow whatever you can off them. You could entertain with strong magic for ages with a borrowed coin or two.

I regularly borrow coins and rings and perofrm strong magic. They key is that the object is borrowed, and whatever routines your doing creates the illusion that the magic happens in there hands, with there object.

Chan
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
I like the idea of Pete Biro's Benson bowl with borrowed items, but the sponge balls would be difficult to borrow? Maybe to do it with their ball and your sponges which you can leave them to look at after the effect, this would be almost as good?
erich_weis
View Profile
New user
Louisville, Ky
65 Posts

Profile of erich_weis
If I have nothing on me at all I usually do Stigmata. I hype up the effect and it gets tremendous reactions. I always have my business cards and a pen so this is great. At the end everyone is freaked out and wants my card. I even get a few infamous slur words to go along with it. Its trully killer.
"Your entire life can be full of magic, but only a few moments are trully magical. Believe..."
Follow:
Instagram.com/raymondlhayes
Twitter.com/realityofwonder
Facebook.com/realityofwonder
RaymondlHayes.com
WW
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of WW
Kirkham did impromptu magic often but improvised it on the spot. He just simply used his vast store of methods to come up with an effect.

There were two magic shops on Hollywood Blvd. One was run by a guy who was outside the regular pack of magicians. He was a bit confrontational to other magicians that came in his shop.

Kirkham, Kelly Green and Torchy Towner were visiting the shop. The owner confronted Kirkham with "If you're so good, lets see you vanish this" handing him a fake turnip. Chuck asked for a scarf, draped it over the turnip, had the stem sticking out visibly. He shook the cloth and the turnip was gone.

He did a variation of the napkin vanish that was going around in the 60's.
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
Triumph
Twisting The Aces
Torn and Restored Match (from one Jay Sankey dvd or the other - probably Anytime Anywhere)
Partial Knowledge (on Sankeys Anytime Anywhere)
Hanging Coins
CMH
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
When you say NO props... rip the buton off of the spectators shirt and put it back...They usually drop their mouth wide open when they hear your thumbnail make the noise.

When you say NO props, there are several streching and missing finger moves that are not commonly known or published which are very efffective.

Jay Leslie
Amon
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
134 Posts

Profile of Amon
My aspiration in life is to be the next David Coppernickel, David Blaine, and Chris Angel combined..so in that case I would perform the "TT"...no.no..I would do the "raven"..If you want to know the truth you can find me performing random acts of 3 card monte at any given time..I'd say that's my alltime favorite.
here and now
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is it!
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......15&1
You can see who I've performed it for on the Café in the link supplied at the bottom. Smile
Café Tested!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Most Powerful Impromptu Trick You Know (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL