The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Horwitz Add-A-Number Pad (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
I like to say thanks to Tony Curtis & Martin Breese they have been very helpful. Tony post was right it was package wrong after going on line and checking it out on Martin web site I saw the pictures. I like to say I wrong about there product. The dealer wanted me to send it back for a store credit and I pay the shipping to them. I now have a wallet and instructions for the number pad. Is there any good Magic Dealers you can trust now days.
Fred k Magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Martin Breese
View Profile
New user
Brighton, England
5 Posts

Profile of Martin Breese
To all my magic friends and those who have purchased the Horwitz Add a Number Pad direct from US Magic Dealers. I messed up badly ... really badly. My apologies to all. It is my fault entirely that a couple of magicians got the wrong wallet or pad with the right instructions. iT IS NOT HOCUS POCUS'S FAULT AND NOT MAGIC CITY'S FAULT .. IT IS MINE. I wrongly assumed that I had sent a batch of the Horwitz Add a Number Pads direct to Magic City my distributors (of 30 years). When the instructions for the Add a Number Pads were ready I sent these ofF to Magic City and asked the good guys there to add them to the Horwitz product. This lead to the mistake (again entirely my own fault) of Horwitz Wallets being sent out with the Add a Number Pad instructions. Of course anyone receiving a Horwitz Wallet and the Add a Number Pad instructions just wouldn't be able to understand what was going on.
I am flying out to the USA on Wednesday and will be personally delivering a quantity of the Horwitz Add a Number Pads to the guys at Magic City and we will recall any of the incorrectly packaged items and replace them immediately. Fred Kirkland already has one of the Add a Number Pads on its way to him and will receive it shortly and to him and anyone else involved in this stupid mix-up I tender my sincere apologies. No-one else is to blame and it is entirely my own fault. If anyone else has the right instructions and the wrong prop I will ensure that the matter is rectified and the Horwitz wallet may be kept by the recipient and the right prop will be sent together also with the instructions for the Horwitz Wallet. This will mean that those who have suffered at my hands will actually receive the Horwitz Wallet and its instructions as well as the Add a Number Pad and its instructions and that will be a $90 bonus to make up for the problem. I do hope that this will make up for everything! I have been suffering a major problem relating to my domestic life for nearly two years now and that has been resolved but clearly all of that clouded my thinking and actions and that is the only excuse that I have to offer.
I am not just flying out simply to deliver the Add a Number Pads personally (I would have done so) but also to have a short holiday prior to attending the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas. So if you are there and have the right instructions and the wrong prop you can tick me off personally!!!! I do hope that I will be forgiven though! I will be there wandering around with a bright red face and a name tag that says MARTIN BREESE - GUILTY AS CHARGED
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Thanks for letting us know Martin and for your kind offer of compensation. I haven't received mine yet but will let you and the dealer know if I receive the wallet- Have PM'd you as well...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Now, that's class!!

Way to go, Martin!!
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1393 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I purchased my Add A number Pad Directly from Martin.Great Prop and excellent quick service.We all make mistakes..such is life Smile I agree with Turk Martin is indeed a class act!

Pete
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Thanks Martin it's not all your fault as we all have those days sorry the dealer didn't check after I call them and ask if they check there stock. This may have stop a lot of problems for you. I can not thank you enought for your suport, time and help. Your a first class act and I will tell all my magic and clown friends they can trust your props plus you.
Fred K Magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Just got my "horwitz add a number pad", direct from martin.
FANTASTIC, BLOODY FANTASTIC! arrived next day from ordering, and its truly outstanding quality, probaly the best item I bought in the last couple of years, and I buy something every week!
- 5 stars, & highly recomended.
Steve
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have the horwitz wallet and add-a- number, both beautifully simple..well worth the money...
I've asked to be banned
lucasmonge
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of lucasmonge
What do you mean by this. I have the pad and I have the same concern. Would you elaborate a bit more ? cheers

On , entity wrote:
With both pads, there are a few ruses that can be used to prevent the premature closing or changing of the wallet/pad.

- entity
[/quote]
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
188 Posts

Profile of aheads
Am I the only one who is disappointed with my Horwitz Add-a-number pad?

I will say that the quality of the workmanship is outstanding - except for the locking mechanism. It is so obvious and protrudes thorugh the leather. You can see it.

Also, I suppose I made a mistake by listening to all the positive comments and ordered it without really thinking about what it meant when I read about one sheet of paper. It is not a pad. It is one slip of paper in a leather holder. Why would anyone have that? It is an add-a-number wallet/holder at best.

And the gaff is so obvious that the the first two people I gave it to flipped it over within seconds.

I'm sorry Martin but I won't be using this which is a shame as I was hoping that it would be a killer. Instead it's just a leather wallet with an obvious flap in the middle holding one sheet of paper for some reason.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1163 Posts

Profile of Chris
Due to popular demand we have made a new manufacturing run of the Horwitz Add-A-Number pad using even better leather. Tony Curtis was again the manufacturer. Currently exclusively available at Lybrary.com and MartinBreese.com

US https://www.lybrary.com/horwitz-addanumber-pad-p-923044.html
UK https://martinbreese.com/collections/tri......mber-pad
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Horwitz Add-A-Number Pad (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL