The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gaffing source (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
Hello folks,

I was wondering if there is a reference on gaffing cards? Useful tips on glues, how to split cards, and so on? Is there a DIY kind of book on this subject? I'm quite interested in learning how to make my own.

Thanks,

Kevin
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
"Lickety Split" by Martini (Marty Grams) is a spiral bound book, and he has a DVD called "The Art Of Card Splitting"; both of which I own. Excellent tutorials on the rapidly disappearing art of card splitting and card gaff construction. Highly recommended.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi Kevin,
In addition to conducting a search of the topic (for which you will be rewarded with a plethora of information), I would highly recommend Marty "Martini" Grams' DVD, "The Art of Card Splitting," and also his notes, "Lickety Split". -- FYI... Marty is also a Café member, and he is very generous with advice.

Additionally, I have heard good things about (but have not actually read) Ken Driscol's book, "Giraffed Gaffed Again".

I have been using the Martini method for about a year now with great success and have recently ordered one of Todd Lassen's Card Gaffing Geniis, just to experiment with another method. I haven't received it yet, but I'm looking forward to it and will likely post some thought once I've had adequate time to play with it.

Best of luck!
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
There are 100 posts on just glue - you could write a book on just this topic - and I think a few have.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Gaffing source (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL