The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis in Song Lyrics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ronald33
View Profile
New user
Hollywood
18 Posts

Profile of ronald33
A now-defunct band called Sukia had an excellent alternative track called "Dream
Machine".

Referring to a fictitious device, the vocalist says, "You are going to Rome" (in
your dreams). After a bit of music, the spoken word comes back in again: "Your
eyes are getting heavy" (you know, the standard hypnotist's patter).

Not good to listen to such a song while driving a car, but it's a great tune with
an odd feel. Certainly, there are more examples of hypnosis in song lyrics?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hypnosis in song lyrics sounds idiotic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17349 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I believe it. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh, Slim, sir, do not get me wrong. I believe it, also!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17349 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Is this all part of the....using hypnosis to get LUCKY stuff?
Because I DO believe that works! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ronald33
View Profile
New user
Hollywood
18 Posts

Profile of ronald33
Yeah, kind of silly.... However, this song describes a fantasy which is to be taken
with a grain of salt.

Sukia was an odd band with odd songs!
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
Most music made before 1990 must be hypnotic.

It puts me to sleep.

Smile
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I love when the children post.

Beatles, Elvis, Elton John, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones...ring a bell?

Ahh, forget it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

My Grandpa mentioned some of them to me when he was talking about the good old days.
Sorry, 40 to 50 year-old music doesn't excite me. Music from the 30's and 40's probably doesn't do much for you, either.

Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wanna bet? Duke Ellington, Tommy Dorsey, Big Band era is fantastic. Open your mind some!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Absolutely! At any given time, I'll listen to music put out within the last month and all the way back to the 1600s. It's all the same to me; without the music that was, there would be no music that is.

On topic: Yes, I think it's entirely possible to induce hypnosis, and give suggestions, through music.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2006-12-24 17:51, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
Absolutely! At any given time, I'll listen to music put out within the last month and all the way back to the 1600s. It's all the same to me; without the music that was, there would be no music that is.

On topic: Yes, I think it's entirely possible to induce hypnosis, and give suggestions, through music.

Glad to see someone with a historic perspective that does NOT start with their birth.

The same can be said of magic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
In addition to many of the golden oldies, don't forget about music from foreign lands. There's a lot there to inspire as well.

Mime, keep in mind that many of today's music stars, when talking about what inspired them, reference a lot of the classic musicians and singers of bygone eras. Another point to consider is that a lot of body builders, including "Ahhnold", credit Charles Atlas, a body builder in the early part of the 20th century, for inspiring them to reach for their dreams. Even people from long before we were born have a lot to teach us today.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17349 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Lots of these Rapper Dudes rip off LICKS from older music! They have a word for it...but it's just stealing a good thing to me. Smile
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Sorry, I thought the topic was hypnosis and just said that the music puts me to sleep.
DD, an open mind is not the issue, closed eyes are.

Merry Christmas
talamasca
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of talamasca
Hye there,

I am a music producer, for some years now, and quite famous in my kind of music, which strangely (maybe not that much...)is called Trance, with my Label called "Mind Control Records".
I make music under the name of Talamasca, and I am a bit famous to have everywhere I play some mentalist routines....
Recently, with all the videos you can find on internet, I discovered derren Brown, who complitly "identify" the kind of Personnality I was looking for as a mentalist, not someone who wants you to believe, but someone who want you to stop believing in "paranormal" or call it whatever you want..
In one of his routines, which I believe became famous in England because it is quite a scary one, Derren uses a video game "Waking Dead", to put someone in a catatonic trance...
Now my wonder is....i am working a bit on my hypnotist skills, and I have to say that the two times I succeed to really put someone in "trance" was with fast inductions (like the hand pressure..) and not with the common ones, the "relaxing ones"...just in case it might help someone who began to desperate about his ability to hypnotise someone....Smile

Let s come back to the subject...IF it is possible to put someone in trance with a video game, I assume by make his conscient mind busy with the game and by sending him flashes at the moment he blinks maybe, and few things more I don t know, but anyway, so if it is possible with someone playing a video game, WHY wouldn't it be possible to do a special tune or track with just some lyrics at the good moment, with some disturbing sounds to confuse the mind...+ some light shows specially made for this moment, so, WHY wouldn't it be possible to have a crowd who would react positivly ? even if it is 20% of them, when you speak about 10000 people, it is still a very good amount of people....

Now, the is the ethic problem...but as long as it is something "cool", like to have a good laugh, or to enjoy the music sooo much that you can not stop dancing and enjoying it....i think that wouldn t be a problem...

IF ANYONE HERE thinks that it is possible to do such a track, please, feel free to contact me...we can even plan something good for when I ll come to play in London in July...a big outdoor festival...thousands of people...I am very interested to try such an experience...maybe are you too ?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You relly miss the point of trance work.

GOOD MUSIC DOES EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go see Jimmy Buffet, Gratefull Dead(well not any more), Bruce Springstein, and so on. The fans react as you want them too. ALL of them do.

You need far more research on hypnosis, and what it really is, and less urban legends. That will help you out a lot really.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
talamasca
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of talamasca
I think I know exactly what you mean because I play every weekend in front of tens of thousands of people, and by playing music, trance music, in a way, I agree that they go in a kind of trance, it's true....i was not seeking for a way to force them to love the music or anything like this......
I was just proposing to anyone who would be interested, a little experience...and if I compared it with the Derren trick of the video game, it is quietly for the same kind of result expectations...less scary result, but as effective...
I don t think you've been once as far "in the music" as the guy was in the video game right ? And if yes, then, you should stop taking things Smile
When you play a video game also you are in a kind of trance...so my goal was not to make them dance for exemple...it would be as stupid as to make a video game who makes you love video game...it would be stupid, and unfair. This is not what I wanted...

Now, beside this, I completly agree that I am new to this, very new, but I still have rode already near than 25 books about ericksonian hypnosis, and another 10 about stage hypnosis...i have already a good collection of dvd's, because I am VERY motivated....but you know, in my "music" world, in the internet forums, I have always been the one who wanted to help the beginners, I gave them sample to make remixes, I give a lot of tips, etc....and if I was just, like many other artists, telling them that they are beginners ,so "please go back to study before to come to a music producer forum", I wonder fro who they will learn if they have some questions...
I know from experience that nothing is better than a professionnal person who give you real tips...

Anyway...the goal of this was to make something "nice" or "funny"....not brainwashing...do you think I would have put my real artist name if so ???

This said,I ll learn more anyway.....good "suggestion"... Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19522 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no idea what your talking about now.

I think with all those books pointing out what dangers exist with this approach, well is a bit repetitive.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, subliminal advertising was an issue with visual media a number of years ago, why not sound?? After all, many of the "hypnosis" tapes use multiple tracks, and some are not very audible with the other things goin on in the track.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis in Song Lyrics (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL