The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tattoos and Mentalism... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic711
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magic711
I agree, ubless you were getting a tatoo anyway and somehow could take advantage of the situation? nah ,only a genius could do that.I like hats and want to create a mentaism peice with them..any thoughts>?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Do you have a mentalists hat?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Tony has a tat that he uses in the Outa Controll Magic Show in Orlando...Very Funny!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Quote:
On 2006-12-21 15:51, chichi711 wrote:
Samuel do you use any of your tats for performance?

No. My tats are far too personal to me to use them in performance. Not that there is anything convtraversial about my tats or anything wrong with using tats during performance, I just don't want to do that myself.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
I do use a tat in my performance. It is a 2 of spades and I use it as a revelation. It gets great reactions, and I would love to read more ideas on how to use tats. Revelations are good, but I wish more could be done... I really want to work out a transformation, but no idea how to do it.
Spur on some more conversation about it.

By the way, Penn and Teller do an effect with a "Blood tattoo" in one of their books. that's where I got the idea... any other ideas in print?
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
Sleeveless
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Sleeveless
I have a few tattoos. One is a celtic dragon which I use occasionally with a rune stone effect. Basically it's the old ashes on the arm with a selected rune stone design appearing in the middle of the tattoo. It's a nice bizarre piece when I'm with the right crowd.
Occams Razor
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Occams Razor
I thought Tattoo was a pretty good performer being a little person and all. Some of the things Mr. Roark made him do were quite funny. And every episode when he yelled "The Plane, the plane!" was hilarious. I don't know if he was into mentalism though, although many little people have well defined intuitions, especially when they're on elevators.

Occam
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Phill Smith's new book (Mitox) has a wonderful effect that a tat can be used for...that's my tat...great opener...

Lee
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Andrew Gerard incorporates his tattoo in his "Deja Vu" effect.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with a performer having tattoos. It might even help you stand out! If you have some visible tattoos that the majority might find offensive, well that's a different story.
skullmaster
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of skullmaster
I am very heavily tat2ed including my hands and neck. I was a professional tat2rtist for over 20 years. People take me as they find me. I don't consider my artwork offensive.
An old tattooist's saying, "People with tattoos never complain about people without tattoos".

There was a thread about this a while back:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Ade
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tattoos and Mentalism... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL