The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Improv Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
Greg Wilson's Recap and 3/4 across get my vote. I have used them in multiple venues, with great responses.

:sun:
Phil Lawson
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Phil Lawson
The thing is, with IMPROV it can not look inprov, Tom Mullica (the cigarette guy) has some great videos on IMPROV
Madge
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Madge
If I'm in a place where there are coctail napkins and there's a pen handy Ido this trick called 'the Hedonist makes up all the rules' which can be found in Paul Harris' AOA#3. It is a really cool, clever, convincing version of the old magicians choice and always gets good reactions. Smile
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
I wear a ITR just about everywhere. and I have certain props on me at all times like a specail ring that allows me to stop a mechanical watch so I alway's have something to do something with. With the ITR I can float or do a PK effect anywhere.
THOR
View Profile
New user
No. California
69 Posts

Profile of THOR
I just used my new Watch and Wear watch for the first time a couple hours ago at a Japanese restaurant. It's a great item to keep on you at all times because can use it as your regular watch and it doesn't look gimmicky.

It worked well....she was impressed!

thor
troublewit
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of troublewit
Brainman...I also love to perform the hand and finger bits, and I have been known to pull off and replace children's fingers a'la Harkey. They LOVE that trick...if you ever do it for one, you will get requests all the time to "pull my finger off!!"
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
If the circumstances allow it, Banachek's 'Psychokinetic Touches' is an absolutely wonderful impromptu piece for two spectators. The beauty of it is you need no props whatsoever, and you can seriously freak people out with it (assuming that's what you want to do!)

Tony G.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Dan Harlan's "Starcle" is one I usually will do in a bar or resturant. Then of course I will use the HR time machine watch and if they haven't tired of that I use the old TT with a little slush powder. That will usually get me a free cup of coffee or free drink if I am in a bar. Great stuff. After about 3 tricks they usually will tire of seeing anymore magic.
frank
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
109 Posts

Profile of frank
In response to Alleycat's trick with matches... that one is in Mark Wilson's
Complete Course in Magic.

Might not be bad on the golf course with two golf tees... Then you could go into your "impromptu" multiplying golf balls! Smile

frank
http://www.geocities.com/fjbuono
FREE 5 Day Get Your First Restaurant Show Email Mini Course - to sign up...
Send a Blank Email Here:[email]freemagicinfo@getresponse.com[/email]
cegarcia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cegarcia
UNLOADED: CMH, pen thru bill (Z FOLD), Chinese matches, (one match, two match etc..) some simple coin sleights, cig. sleights, torn restored napkin, Daryls ring, string, wand

LOADED: ITR, Scotch and soda, TT, pen thru bill,
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
When conditions are right, Paper Balls Over The Head is a great impromptu effect.

Steve
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
WindsorWizard, I agree with you completely.
What Burt was describing at being ready and setting things up but appearing as though it is impromptu is called Jazz magic.
It is not impromptu magic.

Impromptu, is done at the spur of the moment with whatever is available. Simple and direct.
Smile
Daniel Faith
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
Wow after reading this post, I am really suprised no one mentioned 2 in the hand and 1 in the pocket with a spectators pocket change i have been known to do this with M and M's or skittles, another great impromtu routine is the Penny prediction effect, with just a business card and a Penny

Kelly Smile
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Hi. Where I can find the Psychokinetic Time routine?

I use Twisting Arm Illusion, any coin across routine, Vernon's Kangaroo Coins, classic ball routine, a routine with coin and pen, and a clippo a routine by Colombini.
"May the Magic be with you"
dlcarr50
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of dlcarr50
There is a lot of magic you can do with simple coin sleights: vanish, coins through pocket, coins across, etc. Also, there is a lot of magic in simple sleight of hand with everyday objects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Improv Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL