The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » F.L.Y. Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
I wear dress casual shoes to work. I think they are actually black Sketchers. They look like Docs but just cheaper. These Fly shoes are available in brown or black in color right ? Also, I wear insoles for the comfort of my feet, can those still be slipped in the shoes for comfort ?

I read somewhere that they should be purchased one size or half size bigger than what would normally be worn. I think it would be good for all wanting a pair to try some on at a mall and make sure of the fit. Is it a half size or a full size larger than usual ? Just making sure I get the right size when I order.

I appreciate the help. Glad they unlocked this thread. Thanks PIZ for the thread, I can see you took a lot of time with the review, I truly appreciate it and cant wait for some others.

Donkeys and Waffles
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Your first question I am not sure of, I do not see why you could not get FLY in different color Doc's, but to be on the safe side I will keep my mouth shut of that one. Insoles? I was actually thinking about getting some for my FLY, though the shoes are pretty comfortable to walk around in, I would say yes to that one, depending on the thickness of the insoles. Shoes come a half size bigger. I was a little worried at first about how the shoes were going to fit, once I tried them on they felt beautiful, such a perfect fit, so have no worries about that. I walk around in size 8 and half (8 and half fit very snug on me) and also 9, my Doc's came in size 9. I am sure Mike has his own opinion on these questions, hope this helps. Thanks for the thanks my friend.

Paul
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Thanks PIZ, I appreciate your help with this. $1600 is a lot of cabbage to give out. I do lots of different type magic and always get ask to levitate and this will be a fantastic addition to my magic. I really hate it when I see someone I have done the Icarus for and then another time, I see that person and they are with some other people and ask me to levitate. I always put it off and do other illusions and as I prepare to bow out, they ask again. Icarus is great, I really like it, Genius Idea, I just worry about angles at times ( with more than one or two people) and don't always have the apparatus on me 24/7. Now that you own it, how many people would you be comfortable peforming it for with some crowd control of course ? Just curious ?

I think I will order mine mid January. X mas is here and I need to get all of this out of the way first. Are you going to post up that video of yourself performing the FLY anytime soon? Have a Happy Holiday Bro.

Donkeys and Waffles
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Donkeys: Same here when asked to levitate, always having to play it off. Not to long ago I had someone come over and ask this, I just threw in a VHS of me performing Icarus. I did a couple of back-yard walk around gigs this past summer and performed Icarus at them, and I will tell ya, I was pretty nervous about my angle's, I never wanted to experience that feeling ever again. The very first time I performed FLY this feeling was not there, you will feel very confident when performing this levi. Your question? I will find that out when I film on New-years, have yet to perform FLY for a big crowd. Perhaps Mike can answer this one for ya, I know he performs FLY at his gigs. Good thing with FLY is if someone ask you to levitate, all you will have to do is strap on some shoes and your off. Have Happy Holiday's brother.

Paul
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Still only getting Balducci type height off this effect which makes it a lot of cash to pay per inch !

But it obviously has less set up and messing about than other levitations out there and does look a heck of a lot smoother.

All in all I think that Daryl and Roy have achieved what they set out to do, its just a shame about the price. Then again it keeps the numbers performing this down to a decent level.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Donkeys and Waffles, man I love typing that;)

Alright just got off the phone with Darryl about your question with the shoe size.
When anyone orders they have to give their actual shoe size. IMPORTANT. Actual shoe size you wear right now. Please let them know if this size is in USA, UK. Then what is done is your shoe is ordered one half size bigger to make room for your Fly. If you are worried about the fit being off or you are between sizes then you can request one size bigger. That is what I did for both of my pairs. I went one full size bigger. I'm between sizes. They are very comfortable the Docs and yes you can put a gel type insert if you would like.

The most I have floated for is seven people at my bar and grill I stroll. Darryl has floated for larger groups and the Dvd tells you how to accomplish this.

All the best,
magicmike30
Entertainer
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Quote:
I then levitated for him and the man went nuts... He finally asked me for my business card and then asked if I do kid shows.

That's just priceless.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
LOL! Talk about getting that BIG gig! LOL

I see the point that you are making, but then again, a gig is a gig! LOL

Ray
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-12-24 10:53, magicmike30 wrote:
Donkeys and Waffles, man I love typing that;)

Alright just got off the phone with Darryl about your question with the shoe size.
When anyone orders they have to give their actual shoe size. IMPORTANT. Actual shoe size you wear right now. Please let them know if this size is in USA, UK. Then what is done is your shoe is ordered one half size bigger to make room for your Fly. If you are worried about the fit being off or you are between sizes then you can request one size bigger. That is what I did for both of my pairs. I went one full size bigger. I'm between sizes. They are very comfortable the Docs and yes you can put a gel type insert if you would like.

The most I have floated for is seven people at my bar and grill I stroll. Darryl has floated for larger groups and the Dvd tells you how to accomplish this.

All the best,
magicmike30

Thanks Mike,

I am glad to hear about the gel inserts being possible. You guys with this must really feel confident with the ability to levitate almost at will with no issues. I love to levitate for people but am always worrying where I am going to do it, where someone may catch a flash of something etc... I can imagine that if done properly, you feel almost bulletproof with it, like a color change or a coin vanish that you have down cold. I have always been ify about doing any magic that wasnt DOWN solid so I knew there was no tell or any real chance of being seen. That is the problem with all the other levis, I can blow people away with them but they aren't clean like this. I thank you and am waiting on more reviews. Just curious, How many have been sent out already ? I am just curious how many reviews we may get on this thread in the next few weeks.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
A video demo/clip would be sweet.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
"A video demo/clip would be sweet."

They have a demo up somewhere. Check this other thread on FLY:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&148
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
There should be a video clip up at http://www.mysticaldeceptions.com by the end of this week if all goes well. It will be a performance clip with a full performance review of the FLY.
qkrnei
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of qkrnei
What about the noise? If any?

Jeff Ezell
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Sound is not a problem with Mikey's modification. You will hear something alone, but not within a performance. I performed this for over 20 people on Christmas day, and there was not a sound to be heard. Practicing by your-self with the devise exposed in a vey quite room you will hear something, but in performance situation, with you pants on and devise covered, nothing at all to worry about. By the way, killed on Christmas day with Family, I now have family members who think I'm the reincarnation of satan. I also performed FLY at my gig for the first time on the 24th of December , people freaked out, crazy!! I just cannot explain how good this levi is, just so practicle and simple.

Take care

Paul
annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
The icarus effect is the way to go it is worth all the money the F.L.Y is more than double the icarus effect and the icarus effects method is way more practical
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
Hmm..you honestly didn't know what to expect when you got it ? I don't know, maybe it's just me..but the method is fairly clear, It's just the technical aspects behind it that aren't.
Podcast on gomagicgo talks about it, very funny what they say, and incredibly true.

'for the working professional' is just not a good enough of an excuse for this anymore. Nothing can justify the price of this for what it looks like. 1600 for gimmicked shoes and the only advantage is there's no get ready or clean up ?
No thanks.

If there is any other advantage then please, point it out..I'm obviously missing it.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

What do they say about the levi on the podcast ? I cant seem to access it. I agree that 1600 is a lot of money and I LOVE my Icarus (worth every penny ) but the cleanliness and the ease of the FLY levi at a seconds notice is a very huge advantage. I guess it will be up to each individual person to decide if the advantages listed are worth the price. Me personally, I am not nor will ever be a working professional, I just happen to have more money than I have sense. Which isn't difficult, I am not too smart anyway Smile Still intrigued though and hoping for more reviews soon. Donkeys and Waffles
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 16:11, ShallowVision wrote:
Hmm..you honestly didn't know what to expect when you got it ? I don't know, maybe it's just me..but the method is fairly clear, It's just the technical aspects behind it that aren't.
Podcast on gomagicgo talks about it, very funny what they say, and incredibly true.

'for the working professional' is just not a good enough of an excuse for this anymore. Nothing can justify the price of this for what it looks like. 1600 for gimmicked shoes and the only advantage is there's no get ready or clean up ?
No thanks.

If there is any other advantage then please, point it out..I'm obviously missing it.

The big picture? FLY is far more practical then anyother levitation on the market. If you want to levitate anywhere anytime, with no worries about angle's or funny looking pants, at any gig no matter what the surroundings, FLY is the way to go. This for me more then justifies the price-tag. I bought FLY with the thought of my clients in mind, and to give them an extra special thank-you. I performed FLY on 24th December for the first time at a paying gig, it killed. This thread is for productive discussions and for those interested, please do not turn this into a circus. If you cannot afford FLY then move on, your opinion was given over a month ago, we all know how you feel.

Thanks

Paul
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
For people that can afford it it seems to be the best yet and out of the hands of the curious. Glad to hear its great for the people that bought it. If I win the lotto I would buy one for sure.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
If you win the Lotto, I'm sure you can find something better to waste it on. The levitation looks robotic (I guess because it's mechanical), and not very impressive looking at all. When I first saw the demo I thought someone was making a very poor attempt at a Balducci.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » F.L.Y. Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL