The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Table pics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I just posted a couple of pictures of a side table I made (one of two). You can see them here -
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/556568352OlmqmN
nfortunately, I have a couple extras, but I can't figure out how to delete them from the site. Oh well...
Happy holidays, hope your wildest wishes come true (you can share them here if you wish) -

Bill
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It's always a ggod feeling when you finish a project like this. Enjoy your new tables!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Well, I actually only finished one, so far. The other is nearly finsihed, but it's ben a busy month. Does anyone have a good source for flanges? I had a friend weld one for me, but I would prefer a machined, threaded flange (1/2" or 5/8", preferably aluminum to keep the weight down). Thanks -

Bill
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Bill:

Very nice! I really like the wood trim and black top combination - it's very elegant, I think.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Ron
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
You might look in the electrical department at you local hardware store for aluminum threaded conduit flanges.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Very nice! What type of fabric cover did you use?

Did you happen to build any features into it? (magnets, coin slots, etc)

Derek Merdinyan
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Derek - No cool stuff built into this one, but I am thinking about another one, with coin and card holdouts, maybe built in magnet. I'll let yu know when I get that. The fabric is velvet over wool felt. I originally put headliner fabric on, but it was too cushy for me - I'm hoping I can find thinner headliner material, but I live in a small town and my options for material are few. Did you get your table built, as I read some of your earlier posts where you were inquiring into material? Merry Christmas -

Bill
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
There used to be a company here in town that made wet vests. Not sure if they are still around, but I had purchased non-backed Neoprene, and closed cell foam. This had the density of the old Mullica pads... much nicer density than headliner. The only difference was that the foam was about 3/8" thick. Not the best for a close-up pad (my intended use at the time), but it would have been great for surfacing a table.

Maybe something to keep an eye out for?

I'm sure you can still buy rolls of Neoprene online. Not cheap, but good stuff.

The wool felt is a good option. I have used rolled cotton batting for padding with good results. Just enough give to facilitate picking up cards and coins, but not enough spring to be annoying.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Table pics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL