The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Jaw droppers Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Markothegame
View Profile
New user
england
17 Posts

Profile of Markothegame
Hi i have just seen jaw droppers on the one off the shopping channals here in the uk.
I was woundering if any one if the videos were any good or not and worth getting. Smile
Just4Fun
View Profile
New user
Dallas
49 Posts

Profile of Just4Fun
I don't know if they're any good, but they're always available on EBAY and pretty cheap.
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
there is a lot of magic in those videos.
many classic effects and unique handlings as well. All within the grasp of the beginner...
Paul
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I bought the Jawdroppers videos a few years ago and I really liked them. There is a great deal of simple, yet effective tricks on the videos. Well worth the $40US I paid!
William Holcomb
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
The tapes are geared towards the total neophyte, so he doesn't use the magic terminology you are probably familiar with and your experience will probably suggest slightly different handlings to you for some effects, but there is some really good material here. It's how I kick-started my real pursuit of magic. Larry Anderson, the teacher on these tapes, worked with Mark Wilson in the creation of the Complete Course in Magic and it is similarly accessible.

Worth getting for those still fairly new to magic, while veterans with huge libraries probably already have most of the material scattered throughout their other sources.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I agree with Paul that he doesn't use magic terminology. If I remember there are not a lot of credits given either.
William Holcomb
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
There is a brief mention of Lary Anderson with his photo in Mark Wilson's course. Is he the same guy? From where to know more about Lary Anderson?
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
I have all four of them and each of them are decent videos. Some of the tricks, I think, are too good to even be on this video: eg. Self Folding bill and Cut and restored bill. The 4th video is my least favorite because of the Svengali deck tricks. Not many use Svengali decks anymore.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
The jaw droppers videos are how I got started many years ago. They have good effects for the beginner. If you are thinking of purchasing them, buy them on ebay because you can get all 4 videos plus the Svengali deck for about $15.00 to $20.00.
WorldOfIllusion2005
View Profile
New user
Oak Lawn IL
7 Posts

Profile of WorldOfIllusion2005
I think the JawDroppers video tapes are good for beginners. I used them about 6 years ago when I was starting to get heavily into magic. I still nowadays go back to them occasionally when I am looking to add some impromtu magic to my list of magic. It is a pretty good set of tapes.
Book Illusion Inc. and step into a "World Of Illusion!"
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
Marko, I still have my set, which I'm getting ready to put up on Ebay....PM if you're interested.
Skål

--
Alan
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
Are they on DVD yet?
jack_is_dead
View Profile
Regular user
japan
173 Posts

Profile of jack_is_dead
I like jaw droppers..i also started magic with those..its great matterial if you are a begginer..
one eyed man is the king in the blind land
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
I'm sure that anyone new to magic will find a handful of tricks that suit them on each tape. I recommend watching them once or twice without the explanations to pick the coolest tricks that make your jaw drop then go back, learn, study, and master them. I still do a few of the tricks I learned from these tapes because they are fun and fairly easy to do. One can put quite a bit of showmanship to these tricks and make a nice reputation for them selves in social circles.
Airborne Ranger
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Airborne Ranger
I'm sure some experienced magicians will find a handful of useful tricks with the series. Ashes on the arm is still one of my trademark tricks and I learned it seven years ago off of Jaw Droppers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Jaw droppers Videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL