The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jermay's New Book. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wonder pefomance
I have ordered my copy! Only one week and one day until shipping. I can't wait. Jermay never disappoints. I hope to add the three routines to my corporate presentations. Thank you Luke Jermay and Miss Rachel Bell.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
If I hadn't exahusted my budget over christmas I'd get this is a milisrcond, Ah well, ya can't win all the time( unless ya cheat!) ha ha.

Keep up the good work, I'll be watching for your next release!

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Amen, Mota.
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Hey hey everyone - todays the today the book comes back from the printers - 5 January! Not long until have this book. Already I know it will be the book of 2007.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 04:35, wonder pefomance wrote:
Hey hey everyone - todays the today the book comes back from the printers - 5 January! Not long until have this book. Already I know it will be the book of 2007.

Hi luke
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 06:11, looch wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 04:35, wonder pefomance wrote:

Hi luke.

:D
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
How can you order this, I emailed Luke, but so far no reply.
Cheers
Nick
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
I just hope that the wait and expence is worth the wait and the price...and that the Emperor is truly wearing clothes...

Concerning the price/hype....a few years ago a high priced book test MOAB hit the market for the first time; I wonder what the inital comments were about this?

MOAB2 apparently is being released sometime this year....I wonder if the leamings will take the lead to the cliff...
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
"Lemming"

And . . . not sure I follow.

j.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
The point I believe you are making Reuben is precisely why I decided to take the plunge. I like what I've seen so far from Luke, and feel that everything else was priced fairly. Here's hoping.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 15:50, TT2 wrote:
"Lemming"

And . . . not sure I follow.

j.

Thanks for the correction my friend....

The point is...like lemmings some here tend to follow the crowd when it comes to getting out their VISA/Mastercard simply off of the strength of a "name".

I seem to recall a similar event /mass migration to the cash till when Mr. Maven realeased an eagerly awaited book that seemd to have let down a lot of members here, I also recall when a whole lot of something was raised on his "Nothing" DVD. set.

Sometimes we seem to forget that the classic Caveat Emptor, can in most cases, sadly, extend even into the arena of magic/mentalist material.

I sincerely hope that the $200.00 plunge is worth what is in effect a book of 3 routines. Perhaps the book binding and typeset is what helps with the increased price....

That's the reason behind my lemmings comment...I only hope the landing is smooth and as pain free as is possible.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Mindguy. The very fact that you would question the worth of the MOABT is to me a joke. Why on earth would you ever doubt the contribution this made to mentalism. Whether or not Jermay's new book will make the same mark is yet to be seen. However comparing the two let alone assuming that people who would buy the second version of this now classic book test are lemmings clearly explains exactly what you are as a mentalist.

I would rather jump off a cliff than hold a neat little plastic board with jumbo ESP cards in it. Was that worth the money?

Chris.
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 04:51, mindguy wrote:

I sincerely hope that the $200.00 plunge is worth what is in effect a book of 3 routines. Perhaps the book binding and typeset is what helps with the increased price....

Quote:
On 2006-12-23 23:36, Chris Jones wrote:
Despite the title of this manuscript you actually receive 9 routines and a full stage act!

Apparently it contains nine routines, which may help to justify the price.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
If I had money, I would buy 3 or maybe even 10. Limited editions make good money on eBay - no matter if it is gold or trash. That seems to be the protocol (no pun intended -... OK I lied). I see this as a mutual benefit for Luke and the buyer.
To believe is Magic.
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-01-06 04:51, mindguy wrote:

Hey hey - Luke has been working on this new book for the last few years with every spare minute that he's had. The layout, binding and general look and feel of the book are tip top. Great material direct from his Vegas one man show all wrapped up in an awesome package. The books are now back from the printers and when they ship in just a few days time everyone will see their glory.
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Hey - I just noticed that someone thought I was Luke. I'm not. Luke's Café name is Ramsay and I don't think he has posted here for a while. If Luke had something to say I am sure he would do it under his own name.

To everyone who is having trouble getting hold of Luke, be aware that he is busy with Mindfreak season 3 at the minute and if he's not doing that then he is usually out of town doing college shows. Try sending him a message on myspace or youtube - I think you will get a reply from his management team (Miss Bell Productions) and they can give you instructions on how to order the new book.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I never recieved a newletter from Luke, didn't know there was one. However tried contacting hhim through the Yahoo address provided, on Wednesday. I'm yet to recieve a reply, does anyone knw idf this is a viable ordering method, or can you go through a site. I can't contat him to order this, and fear I'm running out of time to do so. So how do you order this?
Cheers
Nick
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:

Perhaps the quality of the effects, or the desire to keep it exclusive, whilst earning from ideas, is the reason for the high price tag? It is all relative to what is being achieved. If a person buys the book and uses one of the routines in it for one paid performance then they will have covered their costs. The only way this would not be the case is if the routines are a load of rubbish. I doubt very much that this will be the case from someone like Luke, his work always contains something worth reading - even if it is just a slight subtlety within the routine.

If the drawing duplication is the one I have heard about from various sources, then that alone will be worth the price of the book. As with any product, the creator has the right to put any price tag onto it and people always have two choices, if your choice is to not buy then why spend the energy complaining about the price tag? If it is out of your price range then there is a reason for that.

I have not read anything by Luke that has disappointed, I doubt this will either.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 05:31, Chris Jones wrote:
Mindguy. The very fact that you would question the worth of the MOABT is to me a joke. Why on earth would you ever doubt the contribution this made to mentalism. Whether or not Jermay's new book will make the same mark is yet to be seen. However comparing the two let alone assuming that people who would buy the second version of this now classic book test are lemmings clearly explains exactly what you are as a mentalist.

I would rather jump off a cliff than hold a neat little plastic board with jumbo ESP cards in it. Was that worth the money?

Chris.

Ah Chris....that's what draws me to this Café, flame free, insult free debate...Thank you for living down to my expectations.

It amazes me how quickly you defend an argument that is non-existent in the first place.

I own MOAB, Fields' Insight Book Test, Double Vision, as well as three gaffed books of my own creation.

When MOAB mark 2 comes out I hope that the flaws in mark 1 are repaired. You seek offense where none is given.

Loosen your tie, or take off your shoes, they might be a bit tight on your feet. This can cause loss of blood to the toes.

As far as the board that I'm holding....it cost me all of £5.00 at an auction at the Coventry Magic Circle, the owner had died and his widow had asked that his magic props be put up for auction for charity.

It's a prop that I've only used for promo materials.

I work with billets, book tests, impression boards, 1 made by Lee Earle, another by John Riggs, and the other four that I have self made.

Now...what exactly does that make me as a mentalist now Chris?

And what does that make you as a supposed mature adult who has never met me, nor, to the best of my recollection, attended any of my shows, or communicated with me?

As we said in the Army; "Take a chill pill, Phill."

Posted: Jan 6, 2007 1:05pm
--------------------------------------------
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 11:00, salsa_dancer wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps the quality of the effects, or the desire to keep it exclusive, whilst earning from ideas, is the reason for the high price tag?...As with any product, the creator has the right to put any price tag onto it and people always have two choices, if your choice is to not buy then why spend the energy complaining about the price tag? If it is out of your price range then there is a reason for that.

I have not read anything by Luke that has disappointed, I doubt this will either.

So my comments are now seen as complaints and are frowned upon?

Sorry, but somehow in all the rush I seem to have forgotten that this forum frowns on opinons that go against the majority...

I'm sure the book will be worth it.

However.

Sight unseen, on the strength of only a blurb the rush of many to get the book is on...

A similar rush to get Max Maven's last work resulted in more disapointed comments here than positive ones, several of you here for example took part in that debate.

Am I now forbidden to voice an opinion that perhaps one might want to be sure of what one is buying before using the VISA, regardless of whom it is that is producing the tome?

As to the cost....I have in front of me, not more than 10 feet away, in a book shelf the following:

SYZGY: The First Five Volumes

Larry Beckers' Stunners! PLUS!

M.I.N.D. by Lee Earle

Both Mentalism Incorporated volumes by Chuch Hickock

Mind Myth & Magick

The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy.

On the DVD side I have both DVD sets that Richard Osterlind produced

The Three volume Max Maven Set.

A three volume, poorly produced DVD set on Billets that Cumberland produced

And a few other odds and ends.

My reason for listing part of my library of material is that any two of the hard cover books easily costs more than this current offering.

Each of these books were purchased by myself over the past 2 years.

Each of these books has provided me with either material or has given me a knudge towards a set mind perspective.

Out of my price range?

Nope...far from it.

However, I've never been one to join a stampede towards a cliff without knowing whether or not there is a soft landing spot below.

Hence the comparison using the lemmings.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
169 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
Quote:
On 2006-12-26 20:13, Sebastian Black wrote:
I'm happy it's $200.00 and more so that only 50 will be sold.

There is too much for sale at too little cost being bought by too many with too little understanding or appreciation of it's value.

I know that statement isn't going to make me any friends but it is just the truth !

Good Luck Luke,
Sebastian Black

Truer words have never been spoken!

As far as Luke Jermay- I saw him live at Mindvention 2005 and he was phenomenal. Also had the chance to chat with him and nfound him a genuinely sincere and cool guy. I know that doesn't mean that you should spend $ 200 but personally I like knowing that my money not only goes to someone so innovative but also to a gentleman.
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jermay's New Book. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL