The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion for kids show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
I'M interesting to buy IILUSION or BIG EFFECT for KIDS SHOW- BIRTHDAY- family

I HAVE -
Chair Suspension
set of BOGUNIA
BIGGER WANDS

Thanks
Dudu
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
I use a portable girl thru mirror in a lot of my shows. It's called mirortrate.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-12-24 08:01, raywitko wrote:
I use a portable girl thru mirror in a lot of my shows. It's called mirortrate.
Ray

I have MirrorTrate and use it in some of my larger floor shows or stage shows. I have never considered using it at birthday parties, too big and heavy and there is some noise masking issues. Can you tell me a little more about how you use it?

Thanks
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There is the Balloon Box
Visable Saw-in-Half
Head Chopper (individual choice "Politically Correct")
Twister
Tipover Box
Dennis Michael
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Oh thank you
It's expensive MirrorTrate around $1200...
I have spend $300-$450

Thanks
Dudu
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
You may use Guillotine or head chopper, its easy, pack small and play big.
You may found second hand for your budget.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There are some Illusions in Tarbell, and Wilson's book that are easy to build and within your budget.
Dennis Michael
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Consider large stage magic rather than illusions for kid show-birthday party props. You get more entertainment out of getting all the kids involved and participating rather than having them sit and watch something happening to one of them as is the case with most illusions.

Just as an example, a guillotine or hand chopper is usually presented so the audience is sitting and wondering what will happen to the volunteer. Jim Gerrish's "Lion Tamer" (based on Grant's "Safari" and on my site) is more of a test of bravery and the routine gets the audience involved and participating in cheering the "volunteer" on and in holding props, etc. So the effect is the same- a penetration of the wrist - but the props used are more interesting to kids, as is the constant involvement of the audience. Cost- about $25 USD to build.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
If you have your own assistant, you could get Creative Magic's Victory Cubes, and using long animal balloons do a sword box . Also , if you have an assistant, check out some of Andrew Mayne's illusions. They're effective and pretty inexpensive to build.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I vote for a Dissecto or Hand Chopper as well. Small illusion that plays big, lots of audience interaction. Probably within your budget too.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
You can do a lot with silks to make a simingly big effect that packs very small and would be within your price range. I sometimes use this instead of an illusion to close a school show.

This file is big but it's an example of what you can do to fill a stage for a few hundred dollars:

http://www.magicandlaughter.com/Star%20Tube.WMV
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Huuh! What do you suppose to be suitable for children? Chopping of hands and sawing through bodies? Hey kids, you will not only watch a magic show - you get some nightmares for free!!!
What about some "Square circle production", a "Flying carpet" and good old "Dolls house"? Sounds more suitable for me.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Yo Mike! Love what you do with the silks! I have to ask a side question though: Who does your video?

Louis Jutras
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 12:46, Loual4 wrote:
Yo Mike! Love what you do with the silks! I have to ask a side question though: Who does your video?

Louis Jutras

This one was the teenage son of one of the organisers. I just taped the show for me, not for promotional purposes. Sometimes I just put the camera on the tripod point it and leave it.
clmagic09
View Profile
New user
Boston
20 Posts

Profile of clmagic09
The dagger chest is a great effect, although I would choose your audiences wisley.
Dynomite Magic
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
40 Posts

Profile of Dynomite Magic
I have to say that kids no matter what you perform, the kids will try to copy what you do. If you're shoving swords into your assistant, the kid may try it somehow. A friend of mine did a birthday show which included the Flexible Mirror Trick. This trick involves penetrating the mirror with a large needle. About a week after the show he recieved a call from the birthday child's mother. She found the mirror from her medicine cabinet shattered on the floor and her son standing there with a sharp needle. Fire and sharp objects are not good in a kid's show. That's just my "rule of thumb"
Dynomite Magic
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
40 Posts

Profile of Dynomite Magic
I have to say that kids no matter what you perform, the kids will try to copy what you do. If you're shoving swords into your assistant, the kid may try it somehow. A friend of mine did a birthday show which included the Flexible Mirror Trick. This trick involves penetrating the mirror with a large needle. About a week after the show he recieved a call from the birthday child's mother. She found the mirror from her medicine cabinet shattered on the floor and her son standing there with a sharp needle. Fire and sharp objects are not good in a kid's show. That's just my "rule of thumb"
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I think of a couple right off the bat... The chair suspension is great! I have also used head twister, Strat-o-spheres, smf crystal silk cylinder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion for kids show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL