The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tie/Silk Caddy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Just an idea, my boyfriend uses and lot of silks in his act and constantly complains about how they get so wrinkled en route to his events, so for Xmas I got him one of those clear plastic "tie caddies" that you usually roll ties into to keep them from wrinkling. They're only about $5-10 and are all over the internet. Works pretty well for silks and ties alike!! (just don't try to roll your rising tie gimick into it! lol)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This seems like a good idea. to get them unwrinkled, wash them in cool water with a tad of soap if necessary and press them against a mirror. when they dry, they will fall off the mirror, will be wrinkle-free and will look beautiful.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Haha, that's an awesome trick Frank! I've done that a couple times when time allows, however when your load in is only a few minutes before you are expected to perform......might get in a bit trouble. ;-)
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5410 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Good idea, Astrid!
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
There have been many comments on various threads about keeping your silks looking good. Do be careful putting detergent in with your silks as you could end up with a mess. As for traveling I have to pieces of fiberboard that I stack my silks between. Then they get pressed between the flat stock in my trunk. This acts as a flat iron for the trip to and from the show. Even though we all tend to be tired after the show take the time to put silks in their proper storage when you pack up it will only take a matter of minutes but will help in the long run.

Also I will credit Bob Sanders with this tip. "Spray the MAGICIAN with Static Guard not the silks." Works like a champ thanks Bob.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 22:19, Michael Taggert wrote:
Also I will credit Bob Sanders with this tip. "Spray the MAGICIAN with Static Guard not the silks." Works like a champ thanks Bob.

Well said....well said..... ;-)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Someday I'll have to admit that everything I know about performing I learned from show girls!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tie/Silk Caddy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL