The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Candle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I have a new Fantasio vanishing candle and I am having a problem with the candle not fully vanishing. Part of the problem appears to be the candle ring causing the candle to unwind so far for it to fit the ring and thus its loses some of its' retract-ability. If the candle is extended to its' fullest the problem does not existing.

Anybody else have this problem?

How did you correct it if you did have the problem?

I have to use the ring in the routine so doing away with the ring is not an option.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Never used the ring(s), except when the candle(s) is/are displayed in a candelabra. The ring has never been on the candle at the time of vanish.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Shaner316
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Catharines, ON. Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Shaner316
Your post is a bit confusing, but I'll try my best.

I am assuming you are picking the candle up from some type of candle holder. When you do this the ring should remain in the holder so all you are holing in your hand is the candle.

It also sounds like you may be putting the ring inside the candle, it should be the other way around, with the candle inside of the ring.

Hope that helps
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
You may also wamnt to reference (if you can) any of the 2 lecture tapes/dvds that Fantasio did at the Magic Castle as well as the book he has out now. I know he goes over this a lot in detail as well as the proper handling of his candles and canes. it might be a great investment for you. Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
The candle is a Micheal P. Lair version called Firefall. I have talked him about the ring and I had forgot to attach the ring holder strap to the candle ring with a small piece of elastic taped to the last piece at the bottom of the candle. Naturally the color of the vinyl tape and elastic should match the candle color.

The reason to do this is that you can pick up the candle and hold it in the middle because the ring is still on the candle. Thus you can spin the candle, etc. it also sells that the candle looks more like a regular candle, since you are not always holding the candle at the bottom. By attaching elastic strap to the ring you can then remove the ring and since it is attached by a small piece of elastic you can release the candle into you bottom hand and not ever worry about the candle popping out of you hand when released.

James Adamson
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Oh...I thought that you were talking about the regulation Fantasio; not an adaptation.

CHeers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Stanyon just for your info it is a Fantasio Candle with a small modification so that do some extra flash paper effects with the candle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Candle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL