The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predictions for 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
... ? darn! all the good stuff has been predicted. Smile

John
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
The UK:

A previously unknown tribe will be found in Glasgow, Scotland.

Liverpool will attempt to become an independant state.

It will snow in July.

Rest of the World:

A Virgin Birth in Hawaii.

Polar bears will roam the streets of New York in June.

Sharks will wage war on surfers in south Africa, eating at least half a dozen.

A pirate state will be re-introduced to Madagascar, and begin terrorizing the worlds vanilla shipments.

The ball is becoming a little cloudy, something lurks, it has veiled itself in the mists of time, will have to come back later...

Corona.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-12-28 09:53, Josho wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 16:40, Roth wrote:
Devon Knight will release 81 new effects.

Jay Sankey will put that number to shame.

In 2007, he will release:

20 items he's been holding back for the last 50 years

--Josh

See and I didn't even know he was that old
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-12-28 12:40, chichi711 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-28 09:53, Josho wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 16:40, Roth wrote:
Devon Knight will release 81 new effects.

Jay Sankey will put that number to shame.

In 2007, he will release:

20 items he's been holding back for the last 50 years

--Josh

See and I didn't even know he was that old

He will reveal this "for the first time" in 2007! along with the 20 items.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Major Volcano eruption. I wish I could see where.
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
184 Posts

Profile of Danik1
Some people will still be talking crap about David Blaine and Criss Angel

Jay Sankey will put out about 6 new DVDs ... with 30 recycled effects under new names and all of those shoot in front of nobody but his cameraman.

L&L will shoot other "so so" series of DVDs like in 2006 (with the exeption of Sessions with Simon) BUT will still FORGET to shoot some with guys like Juan Tamariz, Gaetan Bloom, Bill Malone and Banachek!
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2006-12-27 18:23, Corona Smith wrote:

A wave of people claiming to be in telepathic contact with Wales and Dolphins will dominate paranormal literature and discussion.

The whole country of Wales or just some of its citizens? And will these people be in The British Isles or Miami?

Robin DeWitt
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I was speaking of the mammal.

For my prediction concerning the country of Wales, see above.

Corona.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Excellent work from all you seers! A quick look at the crystal this morning reveals:

8. In 2007, Congress will raise the Federal Minimum Wage, which has been stuck at $5.15 since 1997. There will be some opposition from Republicans, including the President, who will not veto the bill.

Yours,

Paul
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Cost of minimum wage increases so does the cost of labor and than everything else raises to meet costs.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I predict the plan to implant download software to every second generation cell phone and newer will be in the news. It allows the US govt to turn on the microphone of the cell phone at any time (even when the phone has been turned off) and it will be exposed to the public during the trial of two NY mob bosses as the basic information collection method that brought them to trial.

In response the public becomes angry that their batteries are being used up (wasted by uncle sam), and the mob counters by throwing away their batteries and carrying both a wall and car cord in their coat pockets.

Oops. That was already in the news.

Ok I guess I have to stick with the old standby from the last couple rounds:

6. After a series of overpriced poorly made and not very useful magic tricks/inventions are gobbled up, Magicians around the world will swear off jumping on the bandwagon and stop buying online based on phoney forum reviews, instead going back to the classic texts and re-inventing their own creations.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Wicked Mr. Grey
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
177 Posts

Profile of The Wicked Mr. Grey
The Movie Industry:
-Somebody will make a controversial film starring a major Hollywood actor and they will get great reviews.
-Somebody will make a film about a taboo subject and then botch it.
-A bunch of famous Hollywoodians will get arrested on various charges including shoplifting, drugs, saying something or looking like Wynona Rider.
-Captain Jack Sparrow gets pregnant and finally realises he was a she all along... all the other Pirates characters go, "OH yeah, now it all makes sense."
-Orlando Bloom will continue to be a slightly more womanish version Kiera Knightly.
-The truth comes out: Tom Cruise is not the father of Katie's baby. Dawson is.
-Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt will adopt 13 more children naming them Ahooka, Mazda, Akillah, Jerome, Moses, Fulffly, Bouncy, Starr, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve and, by mistake, the 13th child is really Jessica Simpson.

The Music Industry:
-Moadonna will adopt a baby giraffe not to be outdone by Brangelina
-Some rapper will get arrested.
-2Pac will release his 11th posthumous album.
-Brittany Spears is going to have another child, this time the father will be Paris Hilton.
-Michael Jackson's p***s is going to fall off, just like his nose, thus restoring balance to his body and allowing him to dance again which in turn launches his career as a back-up dancer for some American Idol winner who will have a heartwarming story to tell American audiences, and whose name will be Riian Sttawr.
-Paris Hilton will release a music video entitled "One Night In Paris." A mix up at MTV plays the sex tape rather than the music video.

Politics:
-At some point, somewhere, sometime..... something is gonna happen which will prompt Luxembourg to create an invading army of hot young women who will then take over the Switzerland and revolutonise watches and cheese... also they will improve the Swiss army knife by take away the knife and putting in a cloning tool and thus, by cloning themselves, all the women in the world will be replaces by Luxembourgian women who the world really thinks are Swiss women named Heidi with blond hair in ponytails. America launches an attack saying that really, Iran... er Iraq is now a cool nation and that teh Swiss are hiding their weapons of mass destruction cleverly disguised as cheese.
-Kim Jong-Il announces he has discovered the ultimate super power weapon of mass destruction and demonstrates it. THe world takes notice and the Coke Company and the Monthos makers now know why they had such a huge order from Kim.

Magic:
-Nothing really exciting will happen except maybe for Jay Sankey trying to now call himself The Professor and trying to take up residency in the Magic Castle where some dude who calls himself the Phantom of the Castle tries to impress magicians and mentalists by using stooges and camera tricks.
-A bunch of magic people will be dissatisfied and disgruntle with one or more of the following; a performer/an effect/a convention/a post of the Café/another post on the Café/300 more posts on the Café/a trick that they someone else calls a real experiment/James Randi/Randi's locker/something of no relevace to magic /Randi's beard/and something else.

General Predictions:
-George Bush will get the joke Dick C told him......... 12 years ago.
-Somebody will wake up on New Years days and not realise it's New Years Day.
-Pop princesses will discover underwear.

possibly more to come?!

Dorian Grey
What you have seen this evening was real, though it may have nothing to do with reality.

A Life Among Secrets
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Someone will start a thread near the end of 2007 asking for predictions for 2008
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I can be a little more specific and say it will be our very own Dr. Wilson!

Corona.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Go Spleeners!

L
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
J.Dunaway
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of J.Dunaway
David Copperfield will air a special involving his fountain of youth.

David Blaine will release a special based on "new rediscovered magic" -- Criss Angel will show how it's done in a special with Penn and Teller.

Along with about 1,000 other people, I will purchase a new Sankey effect.

Ellusionist's main focus on cards will change - to PK.

Three people reading this will win a contest

Bob Barker will retire (So maybe I'm cheating)

Uri Geller will still be a "hot topic" of debate - for all of the forum users who are just turning 17 and discovering mentalism

Donald Trump will be in the news for something not involving money

Starr Jones will butt heads with another woman

Reality t.v. will lose its steam (Wishful thinking?)

MTv will only air indie music, thus making the likes of Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton the "nu"-indie -- most indie music listeners will commit suicide or join cults.

Sylvia Brown will go on the Montel Jordan show and make predictions similar to these >> She gets paid -- we'd do it for exposure
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
Jim/Jack will get a tv deal

SlimKing will produce 5 new DVDs

Scott will put out 4 new products, 3 books (1 with a DVD) and DVD

Corona will run for Prime Minister

Lucia will have a puppy (not get a puppy, but have one)

James Biss will publish 2 books

A worthwhile DVD set on clowning will be produced but will be panned as not being original and being too silly

A DVD on pantamime will released, but no one will say a word

The 137th version of Cap In A Bottle will be released and received as new and
oringinal both in effect and method

5 people reading this thread will leave not to return

Tupac will release yet another CD

A movie about Zombie Chickens will be nominated for an Oscar

Hillary Clinton will run for President of the US and win

A pannel of 3-headed scientists will refute any dangers of eating cloned meat

Aliens will reveal themselves here, but a group from the Café will call them
frauds, and they will destroy the earth

Hedgehogs will take over the planet
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
J.Dunaway
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of J.Dunaway
Jack will get TWO shows, each one under a different persona, and the Godfather will send us via e-mail two better ways that Jack could've done the same thing, and he just might be right... Smile

Quote:
On 2006-12-29 18:14, Powers of the Mime wrote:
Jim/Jack will get a tv deal
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
Oh, and the King of Comedy will pass on in the Spring, France will mourn.
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
LOL, nice predictions....

I sense you all will be envious when the robots take Sidney...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predictions for 2007 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL